Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,762   Online: 855

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Images
    Good Evening,

The Yankee 4 x 5 developing tank is my candidate; it's not the quality of the construction but the awkwardness of use and the inconsistency of development.

Konical

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    A new acquasition I made in the form of a polaroid conversion to 4x5 format camera. So far it is DOA. The shutter will cock, but not fire, and the F stop dial is frozen place on 1/30th of a second. Don't dare send it back, and have the problem of never seeing it again. I just have to sink more money into it to have it work.
    That's hard to believe. When I was researching the Littman, the Aussi guy had a lot of followers. I'm sure he'll fix or replace whatever is wrong. The only problem is the shipping charges.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Worst Equipment:
    4. Schnieder 150mm componon-s enlarging lense. I always knew it stunk but the truth showed up when I purchased a Apo-Rodenstock 150mm enlarging lens. Expensive but worth every penny.
    I have this lens, so I'm curious about your statement. What was wrong with it?
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    A new acquasition I made in the form of a polaroid conversion to 4x5 format camera. So far it is DOA. The shutter will cock, but not fire, and the F stop dial is frozen place on 1/30th of a second. Don't dare send it back, and have the problem of never seeing it again. I just have to sink more money into it to have it work.
    Just a suggestion - if at all possible, remove the lens/shutter from the camera, preferably using the correct slot ring key. It may well be that the shutter will then work and the f-stop/speed controls can be turned. If so,the problem is that the shutter has been fitted without a necessary shim behind it.This is easy to fix, the question then is whether the lens is still correctly collimated (at the right distance from the film) with the shim fitted. If it is, great. If the guy doing the conversion has factored in an adjustment for this, also great. If not, this is where problems start!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Schneider Componon-s

Ken-It's not fair to lambaste all items. I owned two of these lenses and they were both dogs. Maybe the guy in the factory was hungover that particular day. Perhaps yours gives stellar performance. The only way to see is to try a comparison test. I happen to also have a schneider 80mm and 100mm/non-apo lenses; and thay both perform very well.Alot better than the 150's ever did. My concern was that since I decided to do most of my work on 4x5 that I have the best enlarging lens for the job. Someone elses quality standards may be different than mine. Only you can make the final decision. The Apo-Rodagons fetch top dollar-gee I wonder why? If I remember correctly my 150mm was about $1200. As a middle of the road I would check out the El-Nikkor line and a good quality used one should be a good deal. Just make sure you can return it.
    Regards Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was afraid of all of this. the lens is fixed mounted, and I bet he butchered it in the process of how he mounted it. Oh well off to SK Grimes if the guys around here can't fix it.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aggie,
    you may want to check the view lever isn`t set to the open position, (red dot visible). That will have the effect of not allowing the shutter to fire, it will only remain open for ground glass viewing.
    Cheers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One of my Lomo Cosmic Symbols...

It is too sharp and the distortion is not visible enough...damn!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    One of my Lomo Cosmic Symbols...

It is too sharp and the distortion is not visible enough...damn!
    A piece of bubble wrap, duct-taped to the lens, should solve that.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    A piece of bubble wrap, duct-taped to the lens, should solve that.
    Yes, but I have another which is GREAT

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin