Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,604   Online: 642

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Horseman Woodman 4x5! My best description of the Woodman is limp. Weak all the way around, if only the Shen Hao was available when I bought this sucker new.

FOR SALE: Beautiful Horseman Woodman 4x5 made of fine "cherry" wood and handsome stainless steel. Magnificently crafted, made to take years of use and abuse. (Just don't drop the camera from a distance of 1 1/2 feet or higher) Only slight marks and one minor crack where the front standard broke off. Glued professionally and shouldn't affect performance at all. Rear standard has a few "bends" in the metal pieces really insignificant though. All and all like new. $450 or best offer
    :rolleyes:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley
    Horseman Woodman 4x5! My best description of the Woodman is limp. Weak all the way around, if only the Shen Hao was available when I bought this sucker new.

FOR SALE: Beautiful Horseman Woodman 4x5 made of fine "cherry" wood and handsome stainless steel. Magnificently crafted, made to take years of use and abuse. (Just don't drop the camera from a distance of 1 1/2 feet or higher) Only slight marks and one minor crack where the front standard broke off. Glued professionally and shouldn't affect performance at all. Rear standard has a few "bends" in the metal pieces really insignificant though. All and all like new. $450 or best offer
    No Thanks. I've bad things about them somewhere
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    No Thanks. I've bad things about them somewhere
    Don't believe a word of it, it's really worth that and so very much more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley

Joking aside, I can't quite understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that the Horseman Woodman is a lousy camera because it broke when you dropped it from a height onto a hard surface? I think all of us have had lucky escapes, but generally you really must expect this to happen, particularly with view cameras designed to be light and portable.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I don't mind SS. Me and plastic have never gotten along very well.
    I use Paterson plastic reels in plastic tanks...works for me. I NEVER get jammed film or uneven development. 1 point to plastic from me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two pieces of darkroom equipment come to mind a) a Jessops hand held vacuum cleaner that had no suction whatsoever and b) the multigraph head on my Durst L1200. It is restrictive, fairly difficult to use and all but unsupported for new paper types. Anyone with an Ilford Multigrade 500H head want to do a swap?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Absolutely the worst equipment in "my" darkroom is the Mate's washer and dryer!

Time for small tank development only - no enlarging while in operation. (They do serve as a convenient table though.)
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have to say that the worst piece of photographic junk I've ever had was a CDS light meter I picked up in East Berlin back in 1980. I don't remember the brand, but looked like an Eastern Bloc attempt at a Luna-Pro. The ONLY consolation was that I was able to exchange US Dollars for East German Marks in West Berlin at an incredible rate (about 10 East Marks to the Dollar), so it only cost me a few bucks. That same shopping trip also provided me with one of my best buying experiences, a 20mm f/4 Flektogon in M42 mount, also for next to nothing!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bob
    Absolutely the worst equipment in "my" darkroom is the Mate's washer and dryer!
    I don't know, Bob. Sometimes they come in handy.
    http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/misc/Mis...film-drier.jpg
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    And then there was the lens that I hoped would have that smooth classic look, but turned out to be the essence of bad bokeh--

58/2.8 Zeiss Jena Biotar in M42 mount
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin