Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,902   Online: 1117

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley
    That's why this is the worst piece of photo equipment I have ever had. Lame quality, weak camera even before I smashed it to pieces.>
    Thanks for the info, Brian, I can certainly understand now why you are irate! I could imagine the root cause of this problem is that Horseman does not make these cameras in-house but sub-contracts them. Most of the problems you describe (apart from the centimeter scale) are due to poor materials which are not apparent to the naked eye but only as the result of torture testing(!). Price also seems not to correlate to quality - among my cameras is a 4x5" Iston, a name which evidently means "made by any one of several companies in China". It was not expensive and required a fiber washer to be placed under every knob before it locked up right, but it is now a nice camera. Others who own cameras bearing this name are apparently not so happy.
    Back on the theme of this thread, the worst LF camera I used (at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London) but fortunately did not own was an 8x10" Burke & James, gray painted with red bellows, with a back standard that shook like a jelly on a plate.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    Back on the theme of this thread, the worst LF camera I used (at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London) but fortunately did not own was an 8x10" Burke & James, gray painted with red bellows, with a back standard that shook like a jelly on a plate.
    David, that is a great analogy. I've heard some pretty bad stories about the B&J field cameras. I purchased a B&J 8x10 Grover, restored it and it is rock solid. Surprisingly lightweight for a monorail, right around 13 lbs. This is a camera I'd recommend

Peter, I've read a lot of bad stories about Wisner online. Actually there's a complaint on another forum posted today about his bad service. I hope the build quality isn't going downhill because bad service + bad product = unfortunate end

Shooter
    Large Format
    Happy New Years,

Flat out, hands down winner with no contest:

The Zone System

enough said.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    Happy New Years,

The Zone System

enough said.
    Zone system works for many people. It is not a piece of photographic equipment so I doubt it will qualify. Is your first name Hans?
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Zone system works for many people. It is not a piece of photographic equipment so I doubt it will qualify. Is your first name Hans?
    or Michael?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy New Years,

The Zone System

enough said.
    HE'S BACK!
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy New Years,

The Zone System

enough said.
    HE'S (SHE'S?) BACK!
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Oh no! Scarpathetic strikes again!

Happy New Years,

The Zone System

enough said.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

-Nietzsche

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good Morning people and Happy New Year,

1) I'm not back, I only found this site 2 weeks ago
    2) You're right, goofing on the Zone System should be a seperate thread.
    3) Sorry, but the Zone System has wasted more time, trouble, effort and expense for more people than any single 'thing' in photography. Far too many people who have gone down this road have been played the fool, given up in disgust, sold it all on ebay and taken up golf.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

-Nietzsche"

I love that quote, it fits beautifully. The Zone System is a religion, it has nothing to do with fact or reality. If it allays your fear of the dark and gives you solace, all well and good. If you choose to believe, no proof is needed. If you do not believe, no proof is possible. I will be generous and consider it '3 blind men with an elephant'.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ah yeah....you are back...lets see how lont it takes to get you off the site this time.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin