Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,315   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies - I'm using a Mamiya 645 pro, for those who have asked. I should have mentioned that. My goal is to upgrade to a Hasselblad 500. I don't currently use long lenses (nothing over 150mm)

Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Like Noble, I use American made Tiltalls. The ones labeled Leitz, Marchioni, and Star D have all served me well for decades. The new imported ones have a poorer reputation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a set of Feisol legs with a Kirk BH3 head. Works great for my hasselblad and 4x5. Highly recommend both. Can't imagine anything better.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mporter012 View Post
    I'm looking for a Medium Format tripod recommendation - I don't necessarily have a set price, but spending $1000 for something to set a camera on top of seems a bit outrageous - i.e. a Gitzo. There must be extremely high quality, durable tripods for 1/4 the price of the aforementioned alternative? I'm starting to shoot mainly landscapes and often carry the tripod all day. I have a cheap, heavy tripod that just isn't working. Far to heavy and the head is crap.

Thanks!
    Tiltall, the Leitz or Marchioni versions. About $70-$100 used, good for up to 4x5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin