Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,983   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    There are a large number of ravens in my back yard right now - squabbling with the squirrels over the cat food.
    My monies on the ravens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You might also try a local natural history museum. sometimes they keep these items in a back room for display purposes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, check some of the sporting goods stores and see if they have any crow decoys..can't speak about the ravens, but crows are still legal to hunt in many states. Not sure why the taxidermy boys were so strange about it...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Not sure why the taxidermy boys were so strange about it...
    I suspect people who spend half their life with their hand stuffed up a dead animal are going to be strange about a lot of things...

David, your solution with the local drama dept. seems your best bet to me, but if that does not work out, you could try a personal ad in your local paper: "Photographer wishes to meet nice lady for fun, friendship and maybe more. Must be non-smoker, have GSOH, and her own stuffed crow". That should do the trick - you'll have 'em queuing up...

Alternately, this might be an option: http://www.coolanimalstuff.com/prodfiidb

or not...

Don't forget to post some of the results!

Cheers, Bob.

Images
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    brian,
    thanks for the link. i searched last night but did not come up with anything. this "bird" just might work.

happy new year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go to your local zoo. If you speak with an administrator, you will find an assortment of stuffed animals on hand used for displays, that were done in the days when it was legal to stuff em.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin