Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,473   Online: 1082

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

In need of a prop

I am working on a new series and I am looking for a large stuffed black crow/raven. Any idea where I might find one?

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    there are any number of birds that fit that decreption here in FT Worth. Bring your shotgun. The city will thank you.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are prop houses in Los Angeles and New York (check resources at www.pdnonline.com). If you have a local ACT (American Conservatory Theatre) group, you might have better luck with them.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I posted this message/request on a taxidermy website and got a few very surprising responses.
    Apparently this type of bird is illegal to kill and stuff and some of the members now think I am part of a federal "operation" and I was even called a dirt wad for asking the question.
    Funny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is strange. I would have thought taxidermists would be more open to the use of their handiwork. I assume you told them to stuff it?

You might be stuck using an "antique" (stuffed prior to the restriction) from a prop house, or a fake of some sort.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you considered theater companies or amateur dramatic groups? Might lead to some openings for other shoots as well

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    well, my next place to look is the Univ. of NM drama dept. to see if they can put me in the right direction.
    I'd be happy with a big plastic black bird if one was available.

If anyone is familiar with the work of Flor Garduno, I am looking for the same type of bird used in some of her photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I posted this message/request on a taxidermy website and got a few very surprising responses.
    Apparently this type of bird is illegal to kill and stuff and some of the members now think I am part of a federal "operation" and I was even called a dirt wad for asking the question.
    Funny.
    Hmmm... Maybe it's time to move to NJ! They're in season here right now...
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2...small_game.pdf
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a large number of ravens in my back yard right now - squabbling with the squirrels over the cat food.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    there are any number of birds that fit that decreption here in FT Worth. Bring your shotgun. The city will thank you.

lee\c
    Dammit Lee, You got to him before I did...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin