Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,219   Online: 872

Thread: good education

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

good education

maybe some of you willlike theseand get something ou of them, i know ,i did, enjoy!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    maybe some of you willlike theseand get something ou of them, i know ,i did, enjoy!
    Ralph, is there a link missing here.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes, this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfiTDYLtAQ, sorry about that.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ralph Thanks!

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm interested in, history of tone reproduction... Maybe I'm the only one who wants to hear about flare... it's in there but that's not the main subject...

Usually I hesitate to watch movies in links, but I highly recommend this and think every APUG reader should see this.

The surprising conclusion comes at the end after you see several processed images side-by-side with originals. My gut was telling me yecch on all the processed images.

John McCann said you don't have to do it (HDR) because Mees did a study that showed people prefer higher contrast "tone scale" images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Ralph Thanks!
    John McCann said you don't have to do it (HDR) because Mees did a study that showed people prefer higher contrast "tone scale" images.
    especiallyif you know how to get them onto paper,that's the hard part.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I enjoy these also, especially the ones by Dick Lyon. Except that his are mostly digital, so don't fit in here. But the first two, PhotoTech EDU Day1 and 2 are pretty good if you enjoy the technical parts of image formation and human vision. If you're more of a pure photographer, using the photo tools as an artist, you probably don't care about this sort of stuff.

John McCann, by the way, used to head the Polaroid Vision Lab (or something to that effect). He is (or at least used to be) a regular speaker at the IS&T Color Conferences, often related to Land's Retinex theory. And Dick Lyon used to be the CTO (I think) for Foveon (the camera people).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin