Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,778   Online: 865

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8mm movie film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    So, will this stuff work in my mom's old 1958 Brownie regular (non-super) 8mm movie camera:

http://freestylephoto.biz/411801-Fom...-10?cat_id=407

That would be really fun.
    Yes.

I have also obtained film from John Schwind (years ago) and it worked perfectly in my old 8mm cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fomapan is bizarre. I have heard that many labs are not willing to take it, as it does not work in the modern D-94A process. I still have two rolls in the freezer waiting to be used, but I'm not sure when I'll use them.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Yes.

I have also obtained film from John Schwind (years ago) and it worked perfectly in my old 8mm cameras.
    Oh boy, that's great. I'm going to buy me some of this stuff. I remember watching vacation movies from early 1960's of myself and my sister, when I was 3 and she was 8, playing with our dogs in 1960 or so. Terrible quality, but still cool as hell. It's all in my basement, along with the projector.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    The Fomapan is bizarre. I have heard that many labs are not willing to take it, as it does not work in the modern D-94A process. I still have two rolls in the freezer waiting to be used, but I'm not sure when I'll use them.

have you tried to contact fuji labs or dwaynes ?
    when i was shooting a lot of 8mm ( and 16too) i would drop rolls off at
    wally's for like 2-3$ / roll and they would process them for me, and did a great job too.
    you just needed to write in the "special instructions box" 8mm ( or whatever ) movie film.
    there is also a movie film lab in s/e massachusetts, http://cinelab.com/ maybe they can process your film too ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You forgot pro8mm http://www.pro8mm.com/. They have a wide selection and respool other film stocks into Super 8 cartridges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    have you tried to contact fuji labs or dwaynes ?
    when i was shooting a lot of 8mm ( and 16too) i would drop rolls off at
    wally's for like 2-3$ / roll and they would process them for me, and did a great job too.
    you just needed to write in the "special instructions box" 8mm ( or whatever ) movie film.
    there is also a movie film lab in s/e massachusetts, http://cinelab.com/ maybe they can process your film too ...
    Dwayne's does not do b/w reversal. Cinelab does, but they won't touch Fomapan.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't remember who I sent the fomapan to when I used it, but they did it for pretty cheap (five years ago).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't Freestyle sell it? If so, they would probably process it.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try dr5.com, they process lots of b&w reversal stuff.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    Try dr5.com, they process lots of b&w reversal stuff.
    i was just going to type the same thing ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin