Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,899   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Way cool camera store tour

I was planning a mini vacation to San Diego and stumbled onto this.

Go to maps.google.com and put this in the search box:

2703 Adams Ave San Diego, CA 92116-1313

Switch to street view and you can step into the store. The place is just loaded with film and darkroom equipment.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's awesome.... except that I wound up in the hairdresser's next door or across the road :-p (Mind you, they have fantastic Venetian Masks on the wall, so it was well worth the detour!). I'll try again when I have a better net connection; but I do love the idea. Thanks for the link!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got it.... I had to reverse in!

I'm a little jealous. I have nothing like that anywhere near here. My closest approximation is an antique store covering a couple of acres of land (once upon a time it was an old packing shed) and in there is a wonderful little treasure trove of second hand cameras. It's pretty much my sole source of paper (people's old cast offs). Seeing those fresh new packets of Ilford in your shop there made me drool!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    That's awesome.... except that I wound up in the hairdresser's next door or across the road :-p (Mind you, they have fantastic Venetian Masks on the wall, so it was well worth the detour!). I'll try again when I have a better net connection; but I do love the idea. Thanks for the link!
    Right, I think it drops you in facing across the street. You need to be looking South at the Camera Exposure Store.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was to start with, but it wouldn't let me walk in the store... I sort of kept getting bumped back a few metres. However, curiosity makes me persistent It's all good and that really is a wonderful little shop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    that's awesome!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

TBN
    Fredericks Harbour (Frederikshavn), Denmark
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yeah ! *drooling*

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is amazing! not just the store but the fact google has something like this.
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    35mm
    That is a pretty cool google map feature!
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Awesome... NAS via Google Street View...

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin