Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,139   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kirk BH3.....works great for me for medium format and 4x5.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    FLM makes several sizes of ball heads in the FT series, handling loads from 20kg to 60kg while maintaining a small profile and low weight.
    What makes the FT series unique is the tilt lock, which will render the ball head capable of 2D-only movement, front to back, and at any angle you choose to set.
    It also features a very interesting friction memory lock function and dampened panning.

I will be uploading a video tomorrow on the FLM Canada website explaining some of the unique features of the FT-series heads.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought the biggest, sturdiest ballhead in Cullmann's lineup a few years back, but the main lock knob is starting to strip (won't tighten all the way). I haven't tried to get it serviced; when it finally goes, I'll probably get an Acratech Ultimate. The offerings from RRS are extremely tempting though.

I like Thom Hogan's Tripod 101 article.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Had the ball heads and they were OK, I now have the geared ones.......I figure if I am getting serious enough to break out the tripod for the shot, why not dial in EXACTLY how I want my camera to take the shot. I could get it close with the ball but was alway messing with it to get it truly into position.......now it's just a matter of slowly moving the dials and admire the control I have.

Something to think about......I think I spent slightly more than a good ball head for the little sized gear head I got. It has been one of those, why the hell haven't I done this about 10 years ago things.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I haven't tried to get it serviced; when it finally goes, I'll probably get an Acratech Ultimate.
    I replaced a Markins head with an Acratech Ultimate in January. The Markins was binding and eventually locked up in cold weather and that's not good. The open design of the Acratech looks like a good extreme environment alternative to the traditional ballhead designs, and so far it's worked well. It looks like a piece of surveying equipment but the build quality is excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin