Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,786   Online: 845

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Or used all by itself, which won't be series or parallel.

Please note, the word is PARALLEL.
    A single cell used by itself is a cell. Two or more is a battery of cells, just as one cannon is a cannon, but two or more is a battery (of cannon).
    And, yes, I do know how to spell.
    The trouble is, I'm dyslexic.In order to post a comment, I must read first the keyboard. Then the screen to look for mistakes. Assuming I see the mistakes, I correct them. I also have trouble with "necessary" and any other words constructed similarly.This is more properly called "dysgraphia".

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    A battery consists of two or more voltaic cells, connected in series or parralel.
    Yes, but try asking for a Voltaic cell in most stores!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Back in the 1950 sand 1960s I used a Honeywell Heiland brand strobe which utilized a 510 volt battery. Those batteries are fifty bucks each these days. They were 15 bucks back then.

Let's see, I remember buying gas for 19.9 cents/gal in the early '60s and today I'm paying around $3.75/gal. At that amount of price change, you should be paying about $280 for the batteries now.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i do too. it was a recommendation from my local apple dealer and i'm happy with it. they lst about twice as log as my former brand, butthen, they were 10 years oldand i guess i got my money's worth.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin