Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,232   Online: 911

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Batteries Batteries Batteries

Video: My favorite rechargeables and my most hated battery.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYXyuGBtDwk

What's you favorite brands of batteries?

I just came back from the store. I was going to buy the Energizer rechargeables but the price is marked up way too high. $15 for a four pack is ridiculous. Right now I'll keep an eye out online for cheap rechargeable Energizers. I'm still happy with my 18 Eneloops. I thought I lost some but it turns out my gf puts them in wall clocks and remotes. Kinda pointless for rechargeables (as you'll probably forget about them completely and the gf will throw them away).

As mentioned in the video, those yellow rechargeables are crap. I also have those green Radio Shack house branded rechargeables. I don't use them with flashes anymore, just for the wii. They don't last very long but they do work very well with the 15 minute quick charger. Sanyo Eneloops seem to lose capacity when used with the quick charger (maybe they never reach 100% charge? idk).

I'm currently shopping for another Metz Mecablitz 45 (hammer style flash). I want to mod the flash so that it could take two 25500 (C sized) lithium ion batteries. Some resistors would have to be replaced to work with the 7.2v output of the lithium ion cells, but that's not too hard. The charge time in between flashes would be consistant until the battery dies. And the capacity would be 10000mAh.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    35mm
    For me, I go to the dollar store here in Philadelphia and buy the Sunbeam brand. Are they the best? NO. But they are good and certainly are a lot cheaper than the Energizers or Duracells! LOTS CHEAPER. For one dollar I get four button cells or eight AA cells. The WORST place to buy batteries is Radio Shack, although back in the sixties they were the price leader in the USA for batteries.

And note: I keep batteries sealed in small plastic food bags and place the bag in my freezer. I swear that that prolongs their life. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use enloops and recharge them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you planning to take 7.2 baterries and use a register in series to drop down the voltage whatever your flash calls for?

I have a 45 something (I'm at work) and as I recall, it takes 6 batteries, which makes it 9 volts. It also has a different battery holder for rechargables.

Please know that using registers for this purpose works very poorly. The voltage drop across the register will be current dependent, so when the flash is charging at full, the voltage will drop more and when it's fully charged, voltage drop will be zero - meaning full battery voltage will be applied to the flash unit.

Also, whatever the voltage register drops will be dissipated as heat. It can heat up significantly.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    a register

Please note the word is RESISTOR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sure fire cr123
    they are cheap and work well
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I gave up on rechargables years ago; I could never find a brand that would hold up for any reasonable amount of time. So...it was back to the regular Duracells and Energizers. Generally, either can be found on sale at the local London Drugs for $14.99 - $16.99 for a 20-pack of AA. Button cells (for the F2A/F2AS) are another matter: prices can be all over the map; and they do take some searching to find...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Batteries Batteries Batteries

Enloops and enloop charger for my AA and aaa. Button cells always silver oxide. And lithium for cr123 or cr2 that I use as well. Not sue if they make rechargeables in that size.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Batteries - what are those?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Batteries - what are those?
    A battery consists of two or more voltaic cells, connected in series or parralel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin