Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,834   Online: 1152

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Art Exhibit tag/label

So I was visiting the Yale Museum of Art and I was admiring their exhibition tagging, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find something similar, I've contacted Yale but heard no response (not that I expected one for such a question). I'd really like to have something similar to hang with my film photography.

They came in a few sizes depending on the information.

Thanks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Art Exhibit tag/label

Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    I don't know why it should be so hard to print somethig out on a computer. The gallery where they hang my stuff uses pre-printed forms but it's not anything yu can't do yourself.
    To not the printing it's the frame I'm after...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Try Case Werks, it seems to be what you are looking for. http://www.casewerks.com/products/ga...label-holders/
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Art Exhibit tag/label

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Try Case Werks, it seems to be what you are looking for. http://www.casewerks.com/products/ga...label-holders/
    Yes thank you! Awesome!

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Art Exhibit tag/label

Holy shit! Haha the SMALL ones a7 (3x4 inches) are $30 each! Ouch... Maybe I'll go for a less clean look... :/

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This subject amuses me, as a few years ago it suddenly seemed trendy to have the tag/label miles away from the actual picture. What was going on?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ... Haha the SMALL ones a7 (3x4 inches) are $30 each! Ouch... Maybe I'll go for a less clean look... :/

~Stone
    Here in the land of perpetually short of funds non-profit art clubs, I laser print labels, usually eight or ten to a page, on index stock. I then laminate the printed sheets to thin foamcore using white glue diluted about 50/50 with water. I paint the glue mix on the back of the printed sheet and the foamcore. I roll the sheet down with a foam brayer, then after the sheets have dried, cut to final dimensions with an Exacto knife or similar (and a straightedge). It helps to cut the foamcore a bit smaller than the printed sheet so glue that oozes out goes down instead of up on top. (I put a piece of blank newsprint paper between the roller and the printed surface whilst rolling also.)

This produces a relatively professional looking sort of 3-D effect that I get lots of points for. An important tip for anyone going that way: wet the back of the foamcore as you prepare to glue the printed stock on the front, otherwise the assembly can turn into a taco as it dries. (I suppose another trick would be to glue a blank piece of index stock on the back.

The results can be stuck on the wall with "blue tack" or a rolled up coil of masking tape, sticky side out.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They come in a package of ten, is the $30 for a pack, or individually?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Holy shit! Haha the SMALL ones a7 (3x4 inches) are $30 each! Ouch... Maybe I'll go for a less clean look... :/
    You learn quickly grasshoppa.

I've made my own cheaply and easily in the past, by printing up (white) Avery Labels in a number of sizes, then sticking them to similarly sized rectangles of (white) 8-ply mounting board, giving them a clean, raised appearance, for everything from wall identification to prose. Applied to the wall with self stick velcro or those temporary gummy adhesives, they may easily be changed out. I've never had any comment about them other than that they were assumed to be professionally made.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Another fun idea for us LF users -- use the film inserts for plate holders. Mount on wall with the sticky-puddy.

When using the foam core idea, cut the edges of the foam core at a 45 degree angle so that the tag 'floats' on the wall.

Another way for small labels -- print on card stock and glue a much smaller piece of foam core on the back. This will float the label, also.

This subject amuses me, as a few years ago it suddenly seemed trendy to have the tag/label miles away from the actual picture. What was going on?
    Kinda of nice, really. Lets folks see the piece before being influenced by the label.
    Last edited by Vaughn; 01-24-2013 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin