Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,369   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dead battery! Yargh!

Like others I always carry a second battery, but in cold environments they tend to go temporarily dead and often the spare then is also dead :/

What frustrated me the other day was I set up a long exposure 20 minutes, walked away sat in my car for that time then came back to discover the shutter had closed early but I have no idea when it died.. :/

Grrr

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    but in cold environments they tend to go temporarily dead and often the spare then is also dead :/
    Keep the spares in a warm pocket.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dead battery! Yargh!

Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Keep the spares in a warm pocket.
    Yea I know... But when it's -15 it's still tough... Lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Yeah, most of my frustration is directed at myself. It's possible that I have a spare battery, but don't remember the safe place I tucked it away 3-5 years ago.
    I bought 2 batteries, and am set now for quite awhile. The new spare is in the drawer we keep AA's and AAA's in. That was my husband's idea. I was trying to come up with a new "safe" place that I'd remember for years, as if my memory is likely to get any better.
    This is exactly me.

And all the similarly named batteries (CR2, CR123, 2CR2, etc..) drives me nuts 'cause I never remember which I might need. I only have one camera that really needs one, at least.
    At the lab, we needed some P&S digis to replace us having to draw pictures for our files and we chose a lesser camera because it took AAs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Traveling in New Zealand few years ago with small Nikon P&S d**** camera [dam Nikon with special batteries] had battery that came with camera left charger [weight] at home and a few Duracell's used them all up on south island still had north island to go. So spent half a day walking around Christchurch looking for more Duracell's no [Walmarts] found a camera store that had the same camera in stock and they took the charger and battery out of box and sold it to me saved vacation. Wish I could remember their name to thank them again small store just around corner from town center.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The years I spent in Alaska and Greenland were before battery-dependent cameras. Leicas and Nikons would work down to -60 Fahrenheit. Having such a camera now for backup might be worthwhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Gould View Post
    I hate camera battery's, they always give up at the most awkward times, I now do not own a camera that is battery dependant, I sold my last battery dependant camera a while ago, now all my cameras are over 50 years old, bar a couple of old Pentax's, and they only need meter battery's and I always have my hand held, a Weston, and my flash meter uses a AA battery, available anywhere,
    Richard
    I bring spare batteries for my non-battery-dependent cameras, plus a batteryless Weston meter.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dead battery! Yargh!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    The years I spent in Alaska and Greenland were before battery-dependent cameras. Leicas and Nikons would work down to -60 Fahrenheit. Having such a camera now for backup might be worthwhile.
    If they made a MF camera with really good glass that was non battery, but nothing beats the Mamiya 7 for MF and I don't shoot much if any 35mm but I do have a non battery 35mm Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II for such occasions.

HOWEVER once I get into LF (when I can get a 4x5 field camera with lots of movements for cheap, I'll be set since they don't take batteries

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they made a MF camera with really good glass that was non battery, but nothing beats the Mamiya 7 for MF and I don't shoot much if any 35mm but I do have a non battery 35mm Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II for such occasions.
    Um, Hasselblad good enough? My 503cxi doesn't need batteries.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is for this reason i'm glad my flash meter takes a standard AA battery (Sekonic L-508)

Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Um, Hasselblad good enough? My 503cxi doesn't need batteries.
    yeah... beat me to it.

Doesn't the RB67 also function without batteries?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin