Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,169   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    It is for this reason i'm glad my flash meter takes a standard AA battery (Sekonic L-508)

yeah... beat me to it.

Doesn't the RB67 also function without batteries?

It functions but only at 1/400 so it's only good if it fails in your studio, where you have the most likelihood of having batteries accessible... not very smart, They should have made it so you can use it with Bulb at least....

PS I just posted my battery failure image after developing it tonight... it's not so bad... could have used 5 more minutes for the effect but it's not too shabby....

EDIT: posted in my gallery, so for subscriber eyes only
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 02-16-2013 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: for APUG subscribers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It functions but only at 1/400 so it's only good if it fails in your studio, where you have the most likelihood of having batteries accessible... not very smart, They should have made it so you can use it with Bulb at least....
    Sorry Stone, the RB67 doesn't use a battery at all.

Some of the accessory metering finders do use a battery.

I think you are thinking of the RZ67.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Sorry Stone, the RB67 doesn't use a battery at all.

Some of the accessory metering finders do use a battery.

I think you are thinking of the RZ67.
    Yes you are correct Matt, I was talking about the RZ67, I misspoke and I apologize if I mislead anyone. Now I know why people choose the RB system over the RZ system even though the RZ has slightly sharper lenses and finer focus tuning... hmmm...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dang, I know the feeling. I always keep 2-4 silver oxide batteries on me if im shooting on a battery dependent camera. I try to only buy and use stuff without the weird cr123, cr2, etc etc batteries. There are even a few compact flashes that run on those weird sized batteries, though more compact and more uses you are pretty screwed when you arent around a store that sells them. AA all the way haha.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Always carry extra batteries with you -- then sell them to other photographers when theirs die...for a nice mark-up!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes you are correct Matt, I was talking about the RZ67, I misspoke and I apologize if I mislead anyone. Now I know why people choose the RB system over the RZ system even though the RZ has slightly sharper lenses and finer focus tuning... hmmm...
    Them is fightin' words ....

Most of the near-current lenses for the RB (the KL/L series) are the same optics as the near-current lenses for the RZ.

And the approach to focussing is essentially the same between the RB ProSD and the last version of the RZ67.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dead battery! Yargh!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Always carry extra batteries with you -- then sell them to other photographers when theirs die...for a nice mark-up!
    Oh good idea! Maybe I'll sell it for film!!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dead battery! Yargh!

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Them is fightin' words ....

Most of the near-current lenses for the RB (the KL/L series) are the same optics as the near-current lenses for the RZ.

And the approach to focussing is essentially the same between the RB ProSD and the last version of the RZ67.
    I was actually not saying that in the "burn" way haha but it does look like that, I've just literally seen more talk about the RB bodies than the RZ. I have the RZ67 Pro II and I like the "finite" focusing knobs.

I had been told the glass on the RZ was better so I went with that thought, I was also told the Pro II could have a digital back even the non D version. And thought maybe someday I would get one or use it. That hasn't happened...

Oh well, I got it at a good price and tend not to shoot it as a night exposure camera just because its a lot lighter to take the Mamiya 7 but since they are both battery cameras, kind of stinks not to have another 120 choice.

I do like that the RZ Pro II backs don't have foam so I won't have to worry about replacing that which is a huge pain so I thank ultimately I made the right choice I guess.

Ok sorry to eat up this post.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin