Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,022   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: series question

Shooter
    Multi Format

series question

I just have a quick question...I wanted to get anyone's opion on this who cares to reply.

I am a photo student and final consists of a series of six photographs and I can't seem to make a decision, since I like them all. So let me know what you like the best out of these subjects. All the photos were taken on a roadtrip through Massachusetts.

1. Marblehead, MA - coastal scenes...fishing town
    2. The Berkshires

or

3. Abandoned homes, buildings, etc...of Amherst, MA

I am currently working on Marblehead, MA as some of you might know from the discussion on how to liven up the prints....but it wouldnt be like me not to change my mind at the last minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of those appeal to me. As far as deciding which to use? That can only be your decision.

Speaking for myself, I never choose a subject to photograph with what others might like in mind. I only photograph what I like.

I know that isn't very helpful, but its all I got!

Good luck with your final, I'm sure you'll work it out.

A.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would say it could depend upon the actual images you have. Care to show us any? I would think you would want to use a series that would showcase your strongest prints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Must see

Hi I agree it will be best to see them all
    one thing to keep in mind is that the Images are consistent and work together if you have to show them as a group in the other hand if they do not ,I suggest that they be far apart from each other, as to show case your talent
    my 2 cents.
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Andy and Oriecat...i too only photograph what i like...the problem is that I like them all a lot...i think the strongest would have to be the abandoned buildings...however, I really like the beauty of Marblehead and the wintery chaos of the Berkshires...which are strong too...I took about 350 photos during this trip and weeded out 18 of my favorite.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really wish i could post them online so you can take a look...all i have right now is, um...rough drafts...i am going in tomorrow to print the 6 I choose...and I have to get it done tomorrow to hand in next week...so i dont think i have time to get them on here for you guys to see.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As others said you have to go with what you feel more comfortable with. My choice would be the abandoned buildings.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Images
    You were having trouble getting the look you want with the marblehead stuff. I would not attempt that. If you find them dull and are having doubts that is all you need to say no to them. The others, I assume, are not having that problem. Stand back and take a look at them. Which is your eye drawn too. Go with your gut and skip the stress of pulling something from out of prints that may not be there.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah...i think i am giving up on the marblehead stuff...its nice and all...but its not doing anything for me...so right now its between the berkshires and the abandoned
    buildings...earlier i was leaning toward the berkshires...but i am swaying to the buildings...you gotta love abandoned buildings...each one has its own story. its been done a million times...but i do have an affinity for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey...if anyone was wondering I printed my series today..and went with the abandoned buildings...i think they turned out pretty good. but we shall see. I will post them online round about 1/15 or so...since they will be in the hands of my professor until then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin