Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,378   Online: 1001

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not really about the money. Even if I was rich I would still have to convince Bestbeloved that there could possibly be any point in another camera. If I managed that, it would be a 10x8 field camera and a nice person to teach me how to use it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Three lenses. 13/5.6 Nikkor AIS, 20/3.5 Nikkor-UD, 400/3.5 IF-ED Nikkor (any version, maybe the pre-AI version, but with the aperture ring milled to AI spec - keep it looking somewhat original, but compatible with my FM2n. Otherwise, don't really want anything.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    This of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-lot-of-...013023?afsrc=1

I don't feel so bad about having so many cameras now

oh that's famous... did anyone ever visit him home just to get a real idea of what he is selling?

Shooter
    35mm
    No doubt: mamy 7II and the 2 shorter primes + the large format enlarger I am longing for from a while...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    And don't shoot me (no pun intended) but a Mamiya Leaf Credo 80mp Back and throw it on my RZ67 hehe
    I back this idea hard!

I'd pay film manufactorers to start making a lot of dead film. EIR/Aerochrome, Kodachrome, Polaroid 55, you name it.
    I'd also get myself a 6x17 and a 20x24 camera, possibly the polaroid one. Or maybe one thats suitable for film too. Imagine looking at 20x24 Aerochromes or Kodachromes. Darnit.
    I would also get myself a huge uv exposure unit, so i could make enormous alt. prints.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by intratom View Post
    Simple question, not always an easy answer. I often ponder this as I browse eBay and the like. What would you set yourself up with and why ?

Photography related of course !
    Shooting and development time!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd buy a studio building - nothing huge, just maybe 2000 sq ft with 15' ceilings. I lost my last studio to a greedy landlord who wanted to raze the building to make offices/condos/retail space.

Shooter
    Multi Format

If money was no object ?

Travel, collect and buy historic and famous original prints to display in my own museum, maybe setup a lobbying organization and fund to promote analog photography in more schools and to offer grants to new artists and photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm happy with what I have, because I learned the hard way many years ago that photography Isn't a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    If money was NO option, I'd re-invent pol 665!!!

For a little less I'd buy an OLD Rolls and make it into a moving darkroom... would go SO nicely with my Gandolfi's...

For even less I'd buy the huge Voigtländer Petzval lens for sale now on the bay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/121063046400...84.m1423.l2649 ) - and some other great lenses I don't have....

Or just quit my job and make images (again)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin