Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,894   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sekonic L-608 finder screen messed up

In the past few weeks I've purchased two of these light meters and both have obstructions over the finder screen and the spot readout. I've attached a picture of the first one. Notice the "10" is cut off at the bottom and between the numbers and the spot circle, a black line is obstructing the viewfinder. The same thing is happening on the second one I bought, but the obstructions are angled the other way.

Has anyone else seen this? Any fix for it? Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-608-viewfinder.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	64180
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mask/"cutout" that frames the display has been dislodged, quite likely by dropping or other rough treatment. From speaking with several others locally who use Sekonic meters in professional studio practice, "the thing has been banged or dropped" comes up as a repeating theme. Try unscrewing the four screws on the rear of the meter and pacing an investigation from there, toward the viewing eyepiece. I am unsure if the mask is internal or external to the viewing eyepiece (once the cover is removed). A professional camera repair centre would otherwise be the first port of call for worry-free repatriation if you don't want to take the risk yourself. I'd certainly take it to a repair centre so they can have a good look at everything else that might be developing.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Garyh. From what I could tell, the mask is internal. I'm going to take it to a local guy and have him take a look.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin