Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,641   Online: 1127

Thread: Can it be used?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Can it be used?

I have found a Polaroid copy camera lens with shutter. It was attached to a MP-4 copy camera. The lens is a Tomino 135mm F4.5. The shutter seems to work. It real silent. I was wondering if I could use it as lens for my 4x5? It might be fun to play with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes and the shutter should be a self cocking #1 size and thus usable with a nember of lenses. Many of these shutters were made by Copal and Prontor for Polaroid.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe it will cover 4x5" at infinity with no movements but has been computed for shorter working distances. I see Tominon lenses advertised on e-bay and elsewhere as LF macro lenses. If you're going to play with this lens, try it at a 1:1 repro ratio (i.e. life size or bigger, bellows extension 270 mm or more) on an 8x10" (I assume from your name that you have one).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin