Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 781

Thread: Costco

Shooter
    Multi Format

Costco

The Costco near where I live (Richmond, Va) does C-41 after tax is $4.20, but a few weeks ago ther processing machine broke down and the guy who runs it wasn't sure if they were going to fix it. So I was bum out. Some drugstores charge between $10 to $12! But I just found out they fix the processing machine! I was sure happy to here that!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wooohooo, long live C-41!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is too bad. My Costco still has working machines and does a good job. What annoys me is that the staff think processing film is a "burden".

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My local Costco still does C-41, but they told me they will only do so as long as the equipment works. Once something breaks, they'll be through.

Fingers crossed!

Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The staff at the Costco I visit (which still does c-41) do a good job and certainly seem positive about it. A couple of them have been there for a few years.

They now do ink cartridge refills, which is good in that it increases the revenue for the photo processing area and staff. Makes it less likely for department (as a whole) to disappear. But not sure what would happen if the c-41 machine needs replacing.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    What annoys me is that the staff think processing film is a "burden".
    It's frustrating for them, being ignorant and impatient. If people don't care, or know anything, they should at the very least be trained to have some understanding. What does the product matter when you have stressed out jobsworths and guilty customers? They wonder why we buy online. There's nothing wrong with film, IT'S THE SYSTEM! God damn.

Sorry... was this thread about something optimistic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    It's frustrating for them, being ignorant and impatient. If people don't care, or know anything, they should at the very least be trained to have some understanding. What does the product matter when you have stressed out jobsworths and guilty customers? They wonder why we buy online. There's nothing wrong with film, IT'S THE SYSTEM! God damn.

Sorry... was this thread about something optimistic?

huh?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin