Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,274   Online: 801

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Just what exactly is Leica M39x26tpi mount?

I need to make an adapter for my Meopta enlarger to fit el-nikkor lens, which uses the standard M39 mount.

If I understand correctly, M39 enlarger thread is really leica "M39x26tpi" thread. But what kind of thread is that? Mixing metric and imperial standards? My dad who has some general experience in the threads area says it's 26 threads per 25.4mm, so it's actually just M39x1. So why is it reffered to as M39x26tpi at all? Is it OK if I just use a normal M39 thread?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use el-nikkor 50/2.8 on axomat and el-nikkor 75/4 on magnifax 3 without any problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The confusion might come from the fact that this thread is often written as M39, when it really is 39x26 TPI, no M. It's a Whitworth thread, with a 55 degree profile angle, only the outside Diameter of the male thread is given in mm.

I have a few lensboards made to this specification (26 TPI and not 1 thread/1 mm) and I can screw in my factory LTM lenses with the greatest ease.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M39_lens_mount

Seems reasonably comprehensive...

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin