Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,380   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first camera was a Kodak Cameo 110 camera when I was about 13 maybe. I had no interest in photography and barely used it. Then a bit a over 3 years ago, I bought a Sigma DP-1. I went from that onto a Zeiss Ikon, and many cameras later, I'm in the process of getting my first 4x5...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Wow, you were a lucky kid. I wanted a camera (I had my own money) but my parents couldn't see spending $10 to $15 for a mere camera so I got a hand-me-down Kodak Brownie Relfex. No flash of course. I got into trouble with my Mom for photographing the back porch (that was the part of the house in the sun at the moment). When I was 18 I won a sleek Relleiflex 3.5 and finally had a professional camera and I was off and running. Now retired, I'm making large blowups from some of my photos with that Rollie and exhibiting them in art galleries. I have one taken with the Brownis that, I have to say, is darn good. By the way your photo of (?) grandma in the parlor is priceless.
    Yes, your guess is spot on. That is my maternal grandmother. She's been gone now for 30 years, almost to the day. She was picking up from the aftermath of Christmas gift opening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was a cheap and nasty 120 camera - no idea as to the make. Only control was teh shutter release. I was either ten or eleven at the time and was blown away by the ability to get pictures without having to draw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put mine in the About Me section of my profile. I remember getting the camera more than it's first use.

Basically, when I was very young (not sure how old, probably under 10) I wanted a camera. I asked my paternal Grandfather if he knew where I could get one for 50-cents.

He went to the hall closet and came back with a Kodak Brownie (I think it was a Holiday). It turns out that it was my mother's when she was a child. I still have it somewhere - and if I dig it out will start using it again.

I was thrilled to have a camera, and getting my film back was always exciting. I have a lot of blurry pictures because I often moved the camera a bit when pressing the button. I remember my dad commenting on that when I'd take pictures. I had no problem loading the film, though.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    My first was a Kodak Instamatic (I don't remember which model). It took 126 film (I mostly shot Kodachrome in it!) and flashcubes. By the time I inherited it from my parents, the flash part of it didn't work. Next camera was a fixed-focus, fixed shutter speed (but variable aperture - F/16, 11, 8, and 6) 35mm. It was okay, but was replaced in 2 years (fall of '88) by a Pentax ME Super. The one I have the fondest memories of was the ME Super (obviously). My current one is also a Pentax - a PZ-20, but would love to get my hands on another ME Super.

I would love to shoot square pictures with 35mm, but haven't seen any cameras that will let me do that. And cropping after shooting won't work because I shoot slides, so it needs to be a square mask so standard 35mm slide mounts can still be used. Heavy sigh.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine was a Diana or one of the Diana variants. There is a photo of it in my gallery. My first outing using the camera was to the Melbourne Zoo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    my first camera was a mickey mouse camera that you pulled down the ear to take the photograph
    it took 126 cassettes ( i think ? ) and i used it when i was about 5 maybe a little before my 5th birthday when we
    moved. a while later ( few cassettes of film ? ) i sold it for a few dollars at a yard sale and my mom gave me her hawkeye flashfun
    which i still have ( somewhere ). it took 127 film and was the camera i used until i was a freshman in high school, when i got a pentax k1000.
    i remember seeing the film from the flashfun, but have no idea where it ended up, it was in a drawer in "the museum" and when my parents moved
    a few years ago i grabbed the prints and have no idea where they were put ... i have my first k1000 rolls though, they were processed by me ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    O.P.: Sounds like a Kodak Brownie Starflash camera, my second one.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ko...wnie_Starflash

My first was an Ensign Greyhound 120 folder with bellows light leaks.

Best regards,

/Clay
    Last edited by Clay2; 03-02-2013 at 07:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: For Original Poster

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had instamatics and my ma had an actual 35mm Canon that looked like large format quality to me after 110 but MY first was a Polaroid Swinger.

I still remember the little plastic tubes that held the coating sqeegee thing
    Last edited by brucemuir; 03-02-2013 at 10:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spell polaroid wrong

Shooter
    35mm
    My first was a Kodak Brownie Bullet, a very simple 127 roll film camera. About 1960 I think, I was in 6th grade. Don't know what ever happened to it but in December 1969 I bought a Minolta Hi-matic 9, that lasted till the next summer when someone, I never found out who, spilled Pepsi on it and the repair would have been more than the camera. A little later I picked up a Miranda D used, with a 50mm f1.9 Soligor lens. I really liked the Miranda and wish I still had it. By 1974 I was into Olympus OM system and still have them. I also keep a small Pen F kit when I want to shoot half frame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin