Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,133   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Your First Camera / Photography Experience

My first serious camera was bought at age 15 in 1978 using my bar mitzvah money. Got a Pentax K1000 and a Pentax 50/1.8 lens plus a Vivitar 200mm lens. Almost went with a Fujica but could only afford one lens that route. Lusted over the Nikons but so far out of reach! Now I have two F2's, an F3HP and an FM2. Oh, and a Fujica ST801 that was given to me for free. Pentax K1000 is long gone...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In 7th grade I had a teacher who set up a darkroom and lent students who wanted it a camera. Showed us how to take photographs,develop and print the results. Then my uncle gave me a 35MM camera (which I still have) 'cause he heard I was interested. Now a own a few cameras,35MM,6X6 TLR and even a Polaroid SX-70 in stainless and leather. He was also into off-roading motorcycles and at 54 I still ride off road.

Looked him up because of this thread and he died a couple years ago at 63. Too young.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was a Zeiss Contax 11 my dad brought back from WW11 he had no idea how to use it and gave me it in 1952 and I taught myself from library books, I had it fully serviced about 20 years ago, I still have it and use it regularly , I recently used it to shoot my dads great grandchildren and thought a great deal about him and how he would have loved to see them.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-04-2013 at 06:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ah the library. The only thing the government does right.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My first serious camera was Leica IIIF. I bought it for 400 dollars with uncoated Summitar. I bought it from a professor brang a coated Summitar also and a Leica R with Summicron. Than I bought another two III F s from him also. I preferred the uncoated one because thick glass was exciting as the crystal ball. I did not see a more mystic thing in my life. When buying or before buying , I did not ask anyone to buy it or not or which one. I was knowing what I was doing and sure about the picture quality.
    Than I sold the Leicas and bought two Magnum big prints from a Magnum Photographer Ara Guler. Auction house priced them after 20 years 12000 dollars. I made 400 dollars 12000 dollars and I was sure about what I was doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first one as a kid was some little blue plastic 110 format thing with a simple focus dial, fixed aperture and a socket for a flash bulb. Still don't know what ever happened to that thing, or any of the photos I took with it. Years later I got my mother's AE-1 Program when I took a photo class in high school, still shoot with that workhorse today. It wasn't long after that I started adding MF TLR's to my collection, and a 4x5 Calumet view camera. In about two days when my Mamiya M645 comes in, I'll have my first MF SLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First camera I remember using was a red konica pop. Must have been during one of those family trip. I am actually trying to get one of those camera again nowadays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin