Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,675   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I've heard, some browsers re-interpret the image data as well and show their version of it.

When I size images for the web, I totally ignore what the dpi value is and just look at the pixel dimensions. If I make the height 700 px then the image will show on most screens without scrolling and the file size fits within the limits of nearly all sites I use. After I've resized (and saved as a new name), I apply just enough unsharp mask for it to look like the print (scanning usually softens it a little, possibly because FB just doesn't get flat enough on the glass). For here, I almost always scan the print. Since the scanner applies its own ideas of how it should look, I do usually have to use a little PS to get the scan to match the print (allowed by gallery rules).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh ok.

EDIT: Also, if I DON'T define the "long edge" pixel count, and the size is larger than 850 pixels, then when APUG re-sizes the image, often the colors and tones are off, I know Sean has said their server SHOULDN'T affect the image colors, but in my experience it does, so make sure you creat a size under the 850 limit or you may run into issues with the "look" of your image not matching the original on the computer.
    If the re-sampling process squishes the pixel count it has to leave some out and re-name others in the line, so yes colors can be changed.. especially transition areas.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let me put an perspective in to two layer , one layer over sharpened , hybrid files.

I visited Victoria and Albert Museum site and I found there an article on restoration of Queen Elisabeth 1's virginal , spinet. Its a 4 octaves harpsichord , an musical instrument which was the predecessor of piano but small and mobile and lightweight. It has a sound of when you are playing a metal string guitar with heavy thick gypsy jazz pick with strong impacts. Piano is a hammering instrument to strings with spring attached hammers , harpsichord is a mechanism which cut the way of string with snaps.

Well , they try to restorate the decoration of it and found that there was two layers. First under paint layer is a gold folio layer strongly attached to the wooden panel and there is an top paint layer on gold.

All the falcons , lions and what ever chavellier stuff is applied on the top paint layer with scraching with needle. When the top layer removed with scratching , the bottom gold layer is effected also and deformed.

This is the trick , when the gold been scratched , it shines wonderfully with like lots of gold mirrors.

I find the similar thing at two layer , one layer oversharpened with edges, hybrid files , that quality.

Thank you for pms and have a wonderful sunday.

Umut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin