Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 723

Shooter
    Multi Format

flash or no flash?

If one wanted to experiment with a Holga, what would be better one with a built in flash or one with no flash? It probably doesnt matter since its like a toy, but let me know what you think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have the non flash version. I think better to get the non-flash cause you can always rig up a off-the-camera flash with cables and stuff. You can also diffuse a regular flash much better than the one with the built-in flash.

Watch out though, sometimes you get a "double-flash" with a shoe flash. You'll know what I mean when you try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the advice...I took a look at some of your Holga images in the gallery, and they are great. I have always loved those types of photographs. That is why I want to try it out...and it a + that they are really inexpensive. Thanks again,

Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Watch out though, sometimes you get a "double-flash" with a shoe flash. You'll know what I mean when you try it out.
    I have that effect with my flash system and my Holga....damn annoying

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Holga without the flash and I experience the double flash also. When I push the lever down it goes off, then it goes off again when I let the lever come up. It is annoying, but there are not any problems with this that I’m not aware of, are there?

Anyway, I’ve never had a Holga with a flash. It just seemed like a lot of additional stuff to tape up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin