Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,381   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Worth asking your local shop if they can do the same.
    Checked, they didnt have any. But a great tip though.

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    None of these straps look "classic or vintage" to me and I've been a photographer for more than fifty years.
    Thats why I didnt like them, they didn't have the right look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I have a cool hippie strap you can have for postage.
    Thanks for the offer, but I live in Europe, so shipping will most likely be too expensive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Originally Posted by Rick A
    I have a cool hippie strap you can have for postage.

I sent you a PM..

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm
    Those look like hippie wide third party strap from the 70's. Whenever I got them from a camera I bought I trashed them. Original straps that came with the camera were usually 1/2 inch wide and made of black leather but sometimes canvas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want vintage straps buy genuine Olympus ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-O...item5d376a3c21
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm gonna piggyback on this thread and say I wish I could find some vintage style straps that would actually fit my Retina IIc and Yashica-Mat. Everything is either too wide at the connection end or it just fits and is so tight there is really no movement of the strap so it's always bent and in the way. Right now I have some key rings on the Retina half-case lugs, but I'm not sure I trust them after all these years. The rings don't fit well on the actual camera lugs. The Yashica is the same way. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you want vintage straps buy genuine Olympus ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-O...item5d376a3c21
    I got this strap, it came with the camera but I don't like it.

Well I already ordered a strap, the cheapest one (ebay) I somewhat liked, set me back a total of $2,60 including shipping.
    Last edited by Rob OM; 04-30-2013 at 05:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    There were two genuine Olympus straps that I like.

One was a plain Black canvas strap with the name "OLYMPUS" in blue lettering.

The other (my favorite) was a wide canvas strap that was tan at the outer edges with a blue stripe down the middle and the name "OLYMPUS" in white letters inside the blue stripe. The ends of the strap are in brown leather with metal clasps and black nylon loops to attach to the camera. You can find the tan and blue version on the big auction site from time to time, but make sure that the nylon loops are included.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy a black Leica strap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin