Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,790   Online: 776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Classic/Vintage Camera Straps

Goodday,

Although my newly acquired Olympus OM came with the original rubber? strap, I am looking for a new camera strap. Something classic or vintage or old school, whatever you want to call it.
    I found a few sites that offer these straps, but I didnt come across any I really liked.

Ebay
    http://camerastrapstore.com/
    http://www.camerastrapworld.com/came...-camera-strap/

Looking for something woven or canvas.
    So does anyone know another good shop/website that sell these straps?

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My local camera shop has a box of second hand straps from cameras they have taken in part-exchange that you can buy for what ever you choose to offer. Worth asking your local shop if they can do the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None of these straps look "classic or vintage" to me and I've been a photographer for more than fifty years.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    not old, but new... you might check out gordy's straps, an advertiser here - leather, a different look!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    not old, but new... you might check out gordy's straps, an advertiser here - leather, a different look!

jvo
    I second this. I recently purchased one of his tripod straps. Very pleased with it. Seems to have numerous camera strap options as well.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always thought those "Hippie" woven straps from the 60's and 70's looked cool. Been tempted to pick one up for my Rollei.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I always thought those "Hippie" woven straps from the 60's and 70's looked cool. Been tempted to pick one up for my Rollei.

ToddB
    Those often started out as guitar straps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a cool hippie strap you can have for postage.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    They more often than not show up *with* a camera. It's like buying the camera for the lens. I've acquired a number of these old straps via the cameras they came with, but there's very little market for the straps on their own at a price worth the effort. Try selling one for $20 on eBay and see how many years it sits there. Most of the DSLR crowd wants to wear the strap that came with the camera because, well, it tells everyone they're shooting a Canon 5D Mark II for heaven's sake. That alone is proof of their photography acumen
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like black cameras and plain black straps that don't draw attention to me.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin