Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,683   Online: 923

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

enigmatic camera case

I got me a quite interesting cine-camera.
    Though, the case that came with it is no less interesting.

It is a hard-case that has an eliptic opening at the bottom, where the camera sits with its tripod socket. That opening is closed by a flap fixed with a press-button.

The only use I can think of would be to carry the camera attached to a tripod and protected by its hard-case, as when working in bad weather. But this would only make sense if the hardcase could be opened by flipping down the halves of that case so that one still could use the camera. However this is not the case as the case can only be partially opened.

The idea of giving room for an added quick-release tripod fixture does not make sense either as that opening is quite small for that, or at least I do not know any apt fixture.

Has anyone an idea?

By the way, I just got me a laptop-case. And that has in the center of its bottom a slit of about halve of its lenght and is closed by a zipper.

I have no idea either of the purpose of that slit.
    Last edited by AgX; 05-21-2013 at 06:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    A photo would help!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have got neither a digital camera nor a scanner.

The camera rests on the bottom of that case. Some padded blocks keep it in place. At the location of the tripod socket of that camera is the center of an elliptic hole stretching in the length of the camera/case. The opening is closed by a flap made from the covering that is detachable be means of a press-button.

Shooter
    35mm
    The opening could be to accommodate an accessory pistol grip. One of my Bolex cases has a gap at the top for the grip. I can't recall which model, but many older 8mm cameras accept grips attaching via the tripod socket. Alex

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. That could be! That camera has a flat bottom and no specific grip. A grip would also explain the elliptic shape. The release at the camera would no longer be accessible then, but could be actuated by cable from a release at such pistol grip.
    I guess you are right.

Now I only have to find out what opening at that Laptop case is made for. A enigmatic world...
    Last edited by AgX; 05-22-2013 at 08:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Now I only have to find out what operningh at that Laptop case is made for. A enigmatic world...
    Camera go potty??
    John Voss

My Blog

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More probably for a shitty harddisk...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin