Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,562   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The cost of Contax 645 systems

I have been after a Contax 645 system and have been watching the market place. Good, complete systems in excellent condition are hard to find outside of eBay. The prices for these cameras tend to be quite high, but would anyone here consider this a fair deal? Can better be found?

It's a perfect (boxed) condition, pretty complete and just across the border from me.

Link to eBay sale of Contax 645 system

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quite difficult. It is on the high side, but regarding that all is in boxes and the camera looks hardly used I think it´s still a reasonable price. No bargain though. Please mind that service for Contax 645 is only provided up to 2015. That is my last information at least...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reply Slixtiessix,

It is a pricy but good looking system. I wonder how robust the shutters are on these cameras. If they are to go out of service, would it be a good idea to buy a spare shutter at the same time for good measure?

This guy has great cameras and lenses listed, all of which seems to be of genuinely good quality. I'll have to sell something to fund the purchase anyway, I have banned myself from impulse buying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I doubt buying a spare shutter would be good idea, since you would also need someone who could install it. To assure yourself about the future service status, better write a mail to Tritec. They are the service partner for Contax in Europe.

http://www.tritec-service.de/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin