Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Aha! Buy a Leica projector than.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Rollei and think it's not as good as the Kodak Ektagraphic.

Shooter
    35mm
    I looked up the ektagraphic models, there sure are a lot of different models, and they sound like they are good. And then there is the ektapro models. Forgetting the bells and whistles are there differences in projection quality or build quality that would recommend one over the other. Thank s Norm

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Normo View Post
    I looked up the ektagraphic models, there sure are a lot of different models, and they sound like they are good. And then there is the ektapro models. Forgetting the bells and whistles are there differences in projection quality or build quality that would recommend one over the other. Thank s Norm
    The Ektapro is the newest line of projectors from Kodak. I believed they made them in Germany. They use the same lens and tray although their tray has cover you can use the same tray as the Carousel and Ektagraphic. They have brighter lamp. Built indisolve control as well as RS-232 interface for computer controlled slide show. They tend to have very high price even used. The Ektagraphic are a bit better than the Carousel series and can be had for very low price used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ektagraphics were designed to be very robust, and to ensure sufficient image brightness in large rooms.

Think commercial sales presentations, vs. in home amateur use.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used cardboard mounts in my Leitz Pradovit RC w/good results. They would pop, but a touch of the remote would clear that up. By the way, where does one get anti-newton glass slide mounts these days?
    Last edited by chip j; 05-31-2013 at 01:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -) transparency mounts with AN-glass:

GEPE
    http://www.gepe.com/website/index.asp?pageID=234

Reflecta
    https://reflecta.de/de/products/deta...00-Stueck.html

-) you may also try tension fixing mounts:

Diaspeed

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/1...nt-system.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a Rollei P35 for many years with the standard isco lens. Then I upgraded the lens to the S-Projar. That made a huge difference. The highlights in your slides just sparkle and add a three dimensional effect. I now have the Rollei P350 AF which is 10 or 15 years newer. I'm very happy with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The carousels were the consumer models with higher models having more features.
    Concurrently the Ektagraphics were the Pro models. They used the same optical systems.
    I'm not familiar with the new Ektapro models. I guess because I haven't come near to wearing out the one I've got.

For image quality I don't think the Leica machines can be beat.I haven't been involved in the trade for a long time but
    believe the Rollei and Braun machines came from Asia not Germany. Keep in mind, my memory is pretty much shot.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks AgX.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin