Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,200   Online: 994

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

?better 35 mm projector

I have an older but good kodak 35 mm projector. In the medium format world I gather from my reading that lenses matter. Are there any 35 mm projectors that are felt to be better than the kodak. Would a rollei 350 do a better job projecting the image because its glass is better? Thanks for any experience. Norm

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume the way the transparency is mounted is of importance too:

-) flat between glass planes

-) open but with special optics that have a spherical plane of focus

-) open but mounted under tension in special mounts to keep the film flat

Shooter
    35mm
    The Rollie 35mm projectors seem to have quite cheap lenses. I know of two types here in UK and none are really what you would call top class. My Rollie burnt out a few years back and I changed it and bought a Leitz projector. The difference is to be honest ASTOUNDING! <My good transparencies I always put between glass and the difference in quality really shows.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    A Leitz projector is probably the best you could get.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Any problems with a Leitz CA2500, assuming it all works, is that a fine machine? Are any of the brauns worth looking at, since they may be newer. I am leaning towards the leitz but since all my slides are cardboard and plastic mounts I am not sure which lens would work best. Some of the older threads suggested that non glass mounted sides could pose a focus problems for the flat lens. Is the colorplan 1:2.5/90mm a good lens? Any recommendations THanks Norm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I learned from selling photographic equipment:

1. Kodak projectors are not returned back broken.
    2. Kodak projectors do not jamb.
    3. Gravity is dependable.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    At my work there are 100's of Kodak projectors floating about. In one of our venues, we still have a few clients using slides, and currently I'm relying on an Elmo carousel projector (with a Kodak lens) - it's been in constant service for 20 years and hasn't failed. The Kodaks have not been as awesome as I would like - although the old solid metal ones (SAV2000, etc) are great (but don't have an automatic shutter/dowser like modern ones do, and are thus annoying in a venue context).

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can spend extra money for upgraded lenses for the Kodak machines, although if you are using slide mounts without glass, the Kodak curved field lenses are very good.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I saw a Hasselblad Projector in hasselblad catalog may be 20 years or more.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are talking about 35mm slides, not medium format. Hasselblad though took over that carousel-system for their MF projectors. That may be confusing at first sight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin