Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,031   Online: 883

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    An old Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35mm - the folding one. I'm sure most here wouldn't be surprized at the quality of the photos it gives, but this thing is in sad shape, so I wasn't expecting much.
    It came to me last year from a distant cousin's musty kerosene-warmed farmhouse, where it had sat unused since the mid- to late- 60s. The leather is peeling and mottled, the meter doesn't work, it has a terrible musty smell, and a great deal of fungus on the lens. Testing it was also my first attempt Sunny 16.

In strong sun the fungus diffused the light in certain areas, causing strangely blurred regions on the film (I checked, and it is the fungus, not lens flare). However, in moderate lighting the images were excellent.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbosilverette View Post
    The Olympus XA2 I recently bought: sharper lens than expected and an automatic metering system which has yielded perfectly-printable negatives.
    Ditto, XA as well. Slip into a pocket to go virtually anywhere anytime.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Ditto, XA as well. Slip into a pocket to go virtually anywhere anytime.
    Should have added the XA to the comment I made earlier: small enough to fit into a jacket pocket (without notice), great little lens and an accurate metering system (back in the day, I trusted the XA enough to run Kodachrome though it!).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Old tank EOS 650 with EF 50mm f/1.4. That camera is far better to hold than any new ones.
    Ditto. Mine was a 630. Turned my nose up at it for a long time, was simply not interested in the early EOS gear. One finally landed in my lap, I forget why (might have been that the shutter didn't depend on the battery to stay open for very long exposures, something I've never actually used it for). Felt sooooo good in the hand I ended up with three 630s and five RTs. I've since come to my senses and during a thinning of the herd disposed of all but three EOS RTs. What a great camera.

Also the Elan IIe. Years ago I bought the original Elan when it was first introduced. Glanced at a photo magazine one day and saw the IIe with its chrome top plate and chrome face and thought "Yuck!" I picked one up last year, in my quest for something smaller and lighter than the EOS 1V, and was so impressed at its features and autofocus response that I bought three (two are actually EOS 55, all black for the Asian market). All were in EX+ condition, none cost me more than $26. At that price, why not have a few spares?

I'm going to include the Nikon N80 here. Not that I had dismissed it earlier then had my eyes opened; not being a Nikon user I wasn't even aware of the N80 until I found one for $25, brought it home and fell in love. This is a seriously nice little camera. So nice that, several months later, I declined an opportunity to buy an F100 because it was too similar to the N80 and several times more expensive.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    A Werra camera which I bought because I liked the minimalist design, only to find that when that lens shade is screwed onto the lens it is the mother of all lens hoods for that 2.8 Tessar lens.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin