Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,632   Online: 1151

Thread: rare battery

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

rare battery

In a type 110 camera of the pocket type from a major german brand, but made in Japan, I found a battery I never came across in my many cameras:

4.5V type K

I even do not remember to have come across this battery, in a shop back then. The seller was a major post-order company, so obtaining a spare battery via mail should not have been irritant to the buyer.
    Bu still, why got a general consumer camera such a battery?

Shooter
    35mm
    Google '4.5V type K battery' for more information. It seems they were used in Kodak 110 cameras and sold by Kodak.
    Last edited by Prof_Pixel; 06-22-2013 at 09:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't doubt that (my battery sample is from Ucar), but why selling a camera in a region where that battery is rare item? (At least to my memory; I shall look into accessories/wholesaler catalogs of that time.)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That type K is nearly the size of two AAA batteries, though yielding a higher voltage.

(To be fair: I could do a exhibition on photo-batteries alone. There had been too much types.)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's a case with 3 PX-625 sized batteries arranged diagonally and joined (like knocked-over dominoes).

I've had some luck cracking the cases and making my own replacements. But it is a hard-to-find battery. They were mercury cells originally.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that hint.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin