Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,191   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    ..... if I croak she can call in MonBack Brothers and have it trucked away, no guilt -- I won't know!
    1- There is no "if" about it;

2- I won't know! Are you sure?

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Hexavalent;1513627]I don't like to call it hoarding, preferring terms like "potential repurposing", "passive investments", and "preparedness"

+1. That was attitude/argument precisely - until I decided to downsize and move from the 'burbs (2200 square feet+) up to the university district (1000 square feet, give or take). Doing so has forced me to take a long hard look at the necessity of a lot of what I have accumulated over the years: furniture was sold/given away; books were donated to SFU; kitchen goods were given away to needy students; clothes to Goodwill; and my camera "collection" was...untouched!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    How many people on here are hoarders of stuff your significant other thinks is total junk!
    Not me, by that standard.

All of *my* clutter is quality, important stuff (especially the eBay boxes that haven't been unpacked in 4 years).

Now, *her* stuff, of course, phtht.

(We both agree that we need a bigger house, or at least an available barn.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    How many people on here are hoarders of stuff your significant other thinks is total junk?
    My girl friend fully supports mu interests. Have you considered trading in for a new model?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Not me, by that standard.

All of *my* clutter is quality, important stuff (especially the eBay boxes that haven't been unpacked in 4 years).

Now, *her* stuff, of course, phtht.

(We both agree that we need a bigger house, or at least an available barn.)
    That would be dangerous. Stuff accumulates to fill all available space, plus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My problem is that I know I've saved something which would be ideal for the problem/job at hand, but where the h*** is it? Is the solution a data base program for junk, or perhaps more properly, "junque"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My girl friend fully supports mu interests. Have you considered trading in for a new model?
    My advice to you is to not get married.

My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, there always is that.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I come from a long family line of hoarders[1]. I would love to continue the tradition, but I move for work every couple of years, usually across borders, sometimes across oceans, sending through the mail everything I cannot carry. That makes it hard to accumulate a proper stockpile of cameras and supplies. As it is, the biggest single item that moves with me is my film scanner. I sure picked the wrong hobby for my career, or the wrong career for my hobby ...

[1] When my grandmother died we found a large thirty-year-old jar of cream of tartar, virtually untouched, carefully date-labelled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nature abhors a vacuum. Neet freeks have psychological problems. (sp)
    There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks. —Erwin Schrödinger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin