Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

I love when friends go digital...

As one of them just *gave* me about $150 worth of 120 and 35mm film.

w00t!

CZ
    NC
    Koni Omega addict.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CZeni

w00t!

CZ
    NC
    Make sure they see how much fun you're having with the film and then play the "Lets compare prints!" game where you set your traditional print down next to their ink jet print and exclaim "Wow, I didn't realize how GREAT this old techology really is!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I'd have friends like that. On the downside, they have all gone digital for some time now.

Shooter
    Multi Format

w00t!

CZ
    NC
    And one of mine sold me a mint(apart from crumbling light seals,which I've ordered replacement material for)Mamiya C33 professional TLR with 105mm lenses,for about 10% of what a dealer would have charged me-and he's selling me his Meopta enlarger cheap too!
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate it when friends go digital and then come to me for advice on how to use their digital cameras, because Iím a photo geek. I mean, I shoot fully manual film cameras, what they got is a bloody tri-corder.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    I hate it when friends go digital and then come to me for advice on how to use their digital cameras, because Iím a photo geek. I mean, I shoot fully manual film cameras, what they got is a bloody tri-corder.

You said it, oh My Captain. My boss did that and I just kept dissin his digi toy and he finally stopped asking me

Shooter
    Multi Format

Me, do I look like Bill Gates?

[QUOTE=captainwookie]I hate it when friends....

Likewise, I know how you feel, isn't it interesting that when people know you're a photographer they expect you to know how to understand, work, fix and analyse every photographic [???] gadget that's ever been invented!

I just tell people that I'm a photographer not a computer engineer!

Paul Berry

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I don't have friends that went digital.. oh wait: maybe I dont have friends.period..

BUT as a teacher at this high school, people throw things at me..
    just got an Agfa Varioscope and a leitz Focomat V35 for free.

and a commercial photographer has promished his whole darkroom - 5 enlargers up to 13x18cm and paper, worth about 6.500$... (for free)

actually: I LOVE digital!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience is a little different, but just as welcome. A good friend went from 4x5 to 8x10 and 8x20 cameras and now makes platinum prints so he gave me all his 4x5 filmholders. Cool!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

w00t!

CZ
    NC
    I wonder how many of them secretly regret the digital move? It's hard to say because human nature will tend to make anyone (including us film users) believe that the road chosen is the right way. The only difference between us and them is that we're right!

Someone "going digital" resulted in my bagging this system...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin