Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,010   Online: 1185

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Utterly mind-blowing. So glad you got it back in a timely fashion.

Touché! Loved the story! A really happy ending that is so very rare these days.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuck that guy! But I'm damn glad you got your gear back!

I'm dismayed (but not surprised) that the cops took so long on such a slam-dunk case, but I understand the various issues that create that.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you should press charges anyway--the guy is obviously a repeat offender. Do society a favor.

Your experience reminds me of the joke about the guy who calls the cops, says "there's a burglar in my garage, come quick," but dispatch says they don't have anyone free at the moment.

Guy calls back, says "OK about that thief. I shot him." Ten seconds later there's 3 cop cars in his front drive and they arrest the burglar.

Cop says "I thought you said you shot him." Guy says to the cop, "I thought you said you didn't have anyone available to send."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's really great detective work. Your friend is a good guy for sticking his neck out in a situation like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a one of a kind experience Matt, luck was on your side!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just so glad you got your camera back. Ground glass can be replaced. The camera is a different story.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Incredible. Well done. When I read your introductory post, I thought you had little hope of getting it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all. I was a bit nervous about my friend going up to the house but it worked out almost like it was planned!

I had little hope as well and after spending hours distributing flyers to stores and pawn shops, as well as an hour dumpster searching the area, I was giving up hope.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should have pressed charges any way. You would still have gotten the case back plus restitution for damages and expenditures for trying to recover it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin