Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,256   Online: 816

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

BOLO alert: Stolen 8x10 Master view

My beloved KMV 8x10 was stolen from my truck yesterday (Sat, 6/22/13) parked out front of my gallery and studio.

No serial number recorded (do they have one?) but had a new (i installed) bellows from Western bellows, a thin page magnifier fresnel over the GG on back, and a custom KMV to Teknika adaptor panel on front. The top of the adaptor lensboard had a simple aluminum piece, about 3/4" long and 1/2"wide with a brass tight down screw (looked like a table lamp piece). A not too good of a mock up photo attached.

No straps on bellows, a few chips on bottom base..

It was also in a Photobackpacker case for 8x10. The RPT embossed logo on case.
    So, I have a police report, have handed out fliers to some local antique and pawn stores and notified a few local guys who are out at camera shows and looking for treasures.

So, since they rarely come up for sale, please notify me if you become aware of one anywhere, anytime. Reward offered. Thanks

Oh, and pretty sure whomever snatched it knows nothing about large format as they left the case of three lenses I had..worth more than the camera.

That's it...
    Thanks
    951 204 1451
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 65939441201211100139303417181218494_006.jpg   C12135 D8X10_500.jpg   KMV_before_sm.jpg  
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Matt, this really sucks. I get so angry when I hear this shit! Sorry man.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    Oh, and pretty sure whomever snatched it knows nothing about large format as they left the case of three lenses I had..worth more than the camera.
    Wow, that blows. I certainly hope that they're not complete idiots who don't know one end of a camera from another. If they try to sell it and get nabbed at least there's a chance you'll get it back. They probably just grabbed the bag because it looked like a laptop bag, or were expecting an expensive digital. Let's just hope they don't open the bag, think "what is this old crap?" and throw it in a river, that would be the worst thing I could think of...

(Also, if they do know what they've got, we can all keep an eye out for it on the 'bay, KEH, FredMiranda and all those places...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear about the theft. That stinks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What a nuisance. The thief surely doesn't even know what it is or how to sell it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    call the pawn shops and check your local dumpsters and garbage cans .. say, for a mile around. Whoever has it will likely realize it's not super-cool electronics and dump it.

might even put some signs out offering reward for return, no questions asked...make it sweet, coupla hundred dollars. ya never know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Am hitting more pawn and antique shops today with flyers. Probably too late for dumpster diving but worth a shot, but I did think of that...someone opening it and going" WTF?" and tossing...I hope not.
    I do have a reward listed on my flyers. Thanks to all for the support and for keeping your eyes open.
    Matt's Photo Site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HAPPY ENDING! KODAK MASTER VIEW !!!! My friend Peter Geo who has several ads on craigslist for buying photo stuff received a voice call today about 3:00 pm. Message said "I have a Kodak Master 8x10 camera for sale"...

He called me and I said set up a meeting. Then I called the cops, relayed whats happening. So we drove over to the area where this guy/thief lived (In Riverside...what are the odds it isn't mine right?). Called dispatch again and waited for at least a half hour.

Finally, Peter decided to go up and check it out. Parked in the drive, the dude came out with the camera and I received a text "It's yours". The guy wanted $300 so Peter said he needed to go to the ATM..came back to where I was waiting and we called the police again. They had a domestic violence to attend to so by now, the thief/tweaker was calling and getting anxious. So I decided lets just buy it back for the $300.

Peter went back, paid the $300 for the camera (no case), dark cloth and returned. Just then a squad car came and we relayed the events. As I was talking to the officer, Peter noticed the dude and a girl walking down the block behind us so the cop went to check it out. Another squad arrived and we told him we have the camera but no case. He left, came back and said the guy had $300 on him, what do we want to do?

I said if the case (a nice photo backpacker one) and the $300 was returned, we won't press charges. The cop said they still might arrest him, and were going to arrest his GF as she had a warrant out.

10 minutes later, the case and $300 were handed over.

Pretty awesome on the timing of things. Many thanks to Peter for calling me right away. The network works!

Missing the Ground Glass. For some reason it was removed or maybe broke. All in all, it looked good! Glad it's back and in just a little over 48 hours!
    Matt's Photo Site

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Amazing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Utterly mind-blowing. So glad you got it back in a timely fashion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin