Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,690   Posts: 1,482,381   Online: 730

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In the last few years I've been forced by necessity to sell:

90mm Schneider Super Angulon
    14" Goerz Trigor
    Turner Reich Triple Convertible
    Calumet 4x5
    Kodak 5x7

I've come perilously close to having to sell my Wista 45Sp. It's safe for the moment, but not out of the woods yet.
    I'm certainly not a collector and don't consider myself to have GAS, but I wouldn't have sold any one of these if I didn't need to. Fortunately
    between 3 cameras I still have 35, 6x7, 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 covered.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I am in the process of un-hoarding, but at the rate I'm going, it's going to take about 10-20 years to complete the process.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i wonder if painters have this problem with brushes ?

yes. and then some of us get the camera desease and we have it in both mediums. Brushes, fortunately, wear out more quickly than cameras, and you need a number of them to do your work, and they take up less space, and they don't mind humidity, and, and...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we are all individual in how we use our tools, how many tools we feel we need. To some, having the choice of many lenses can seem empowering, and to others it can seem detrimental.

There are as many approaches as there are individuals, I'm sure. I don't think of myself as having many cameras, but when I start to count them all, I'm always surprised. Sometimes I even forget a camera or two, and am genuinely surprised when I find them.

I very much admire those who are able to keep it simple, using just one single camera, or has several setups of the same thing, for backup purposes.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, my opinion of course, but it seems to me getting rid of things on principle is silly. You may regret it at some point. I've made that mistake and seen others make it. My advice for what it is worth is not to sell stuff unless you either need the cash or don't have the space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Doesn't it drive you crazy that they moved infinity all the way over to the other side?
    At least the aperture ring is still in the back... on some of the lenses. Hey, it's not as bad as going from an old Brit bike to a new Harley!

I also find myself developing a dangerous new attraction to preset lenses. T-mount lenses too.

The directrix of the local library has a very strange young boy, he's interested in old guns, film and film cameras, all sorts of things no modern 12 year old should even know exists. I'll most likely give him a good working body and a lens or two.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 07-01-2013 at 03:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i am almost to a point where i want to sell everything i have and just keep one camera ...

any suggestions ?
    Might want to keep some clothes, depending on your local climate...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    good point ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    No, in Rhode Island he could get away with nudity, as long as he wore a silly grin.

John, sell it all and invest in an iPhone. Then you can be a photo journalist!

...NOT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    No, in Rhode Island he could get away with nudity, as long as he wore a silly grin.

John, sell it all and invest in an iPhone. Then you can be a photo journalist!

...NOT

i was thinking about that .. but i can't afford the data account

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin