Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 791

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to buy film in southern Louisiana?

After several delays (work-related), I am finally going to be making a two-week trip (flying) to Louisiana in the early fall (as of now the "window" is sometime between 15 September and 15 October), with photography as the central rationale for the trip. I have already decided on the equipment list (F6 w/18,24, 28-70ED and 80 -200ED mm lenses and an M6 w/35, 50 and 90mm lenses); the issue at hand is film. For obvious reasons, I don't want to carry 50 or 60 rolls lest I get harassed by the border Nazis. By default (not my preference because I would really like to take a couple of bricks of E100G for people shooting), I will be looking to purchase film at my arriving destination (New Orleans). A Google search led nowhere! So...who in New Orleans (or Baton Rouge) sells film? I will looking for the following: 2 bricks of E100G (actually Provia 100F is much more likely); 2 bricks of HP5/Tri-X (love them both equally); as well as a brick of Delta 3200.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would mail order the film from freestyle in los angeles to your hotel. easier than bringing it with you...
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the online vendor provides any flexibility of shipping, you can also use USPS to send it to "general delivery" in a destination town, where you may pick up it up at the post office.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin