Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,920   Online: 989

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Voigtlander Projektos IV b. 90mm

Hi all,

In my search for petzval projection lens today I found today on flea market something: Voigtlander Projektos IV b. 90mm.

Anybody has some knowledge about this lens? It will cover 6x6 negative on my future Rollei SL66? Characteristic, out of focus area rendering...?

thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0136.JPG   IMG_0135.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't seen this particular lens, but the Leitz projection lenses that appear to be similar are not Petzvals, they are triplets. 90mm may / should cover 6x6, but with projection lenses the question is what format they were intended to project. I have found some of that focal length that were intended for 35mm projection and they don't do a very good job with 6x6. Others do. Trial and error is your best guide, I'm afraid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    I haven't seen this particular lens, but the Leitz projection lenses that appear to be similar are not Petzvals, they are triplets. 90mm may / should cover 6x6, but with projection lenses the question is what format they were intended to project. I have found some of that focal length that were intended for 35mm projection and they don't do a very good job with 6x6. Others do. Trial and error is your best guide, I'm afraid.
    Thanks for feedback. I was able to look thru nikon F3 with this lens and get focus. So I will test this lens soon - when I get some kind of bellows or something to attach it on nikon body (since I still don't have SL66).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin