Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,073   Online: 928

Shooter
    35mm

Non kodak projector lenses

I have been reading about other manufacturers lenses for ektagraphic projectors, like schneider, buhl, navitar etc. I am under the impression that f 2.8 lenses are sharper than the 3.5s. Am I just reading the wrong stuff on line or am I confusing cost with quality? Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks Norm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Normo View Post
    I am under the impression that f 2.8 lenses are sharper than the 3.5s.
    If it is the same focal length then generally that seems true. I don't think there is a physics reason behind it. I think it is the same as camera lenses. Faster (brighter) lenses are usually part of camera companies premium lines and are better engineered. Anyway why don't you try Kodak's Ektapro Select line of lenses. I own one and it's really nice. Those things were really expensive back in the day but can be had for less than $50 if you are patient. I have not done any scientific head to head lens comparisons. I just bought Ektapro Select and stopped worrying about it. I actually have a few other lenses in different focal lengths from other manufactures. I researched them at the time and they seemed to get good reviews too. Can't remember the names of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do the ektapro select line fit the ektagraphic line of projectors? Thank you, BTW. Norm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Normo View Post
    Do the ektapro select line fit the ektagraphic line of projectors? Thank you, BTW. Norm
    Yes - see page 28 or so of this pdf: http://slideprojector.kodak.com/plug...rg_ektapro.pdf
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you. Norm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin