Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,071   Online: 724

Shooter
    35mm

Easy to load transparent file pages?

Hello

I had a lot of trouble with some Kenro transparent pages, most especially with 135, where the films (different B&W) would not go into the windows from the side. I then purchased the opaque ones, glassine type, and find them much easier. Of course, the glassine ones are not as good for inspection or printing/scanning, so I was wondering if all brands are the same with ref to loading (archival qualities not so important here).

And if all the clear files are similar, is there some trick to getting B&W negs into the sleeves? I found it next to impossible and wondered how people did it? My negs are always dry, usually 24hrs, in normal humidity.

Thanks, Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a nail clipper and clip small triangular amounts off each corner of each strip.

It stops the corners from catching, and helps reduce the possibility of one strip scratching the second.

One caution: do this over a sheet of paper or a towel. Otherwise the little triangular pieces of film are hard toi clean up.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problems with printfile sleeves.
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tips. Will look at Clearfile for the UK, though seems to be polypropolene compared to polyethelene of the US brand. As long as it's not acetate it might be what I need (I think?).

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Secol AS301P7FW polyester 'Vertical Filing Sheets' that open full lenght at the top.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin