Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,811   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: even-steven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most expensive? A toss-up (I would have to search for receipts) between my 600mm Nikon F4 ED and my 50mm F1.4 Summilux M Asph. Best deal? A virtually spotless ( even the manual was unwrinkled and the box and packaging look like they had just come off the shelf) F5 for $212.00 USD off ebay last fall...or maybe the F3HP I scored last month for $70.00 ( also with all the original packaging)? There again, as Matt King says, APUG membership - the opportunity to access the brain-trust here...is one H..l of a bargain!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Most expensive: probably my Sigma 100-300/4 APO ($1200) then decided that really, I don't like getting up at 0500 to go birding. And having a good bird photo really only proves that you can afford long fast glass and got up early.

Best deal: DeVere 504 with colour head, 3 Rodagons, 8x10 and 16x20 easels for $150. Or maybe the Dynax 5 I got for $10; I ended up making an xmas present out of that (plus a 50/1.7) to someone who was interested in starting out with film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got an LPL C7700 for £50 on here and I once got a Contax II with 50mm lens for the price of a pack of ten cigarettes. Most expensive was probably my FM2, bought new in the '90s.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Well - even though my first Gandolfi was my all time most expensive purchace (10x8 - with 4x5 reducing back - a boyer 300mm lens and suitcase for about 4300$ in -92) I'm doing good!

I can't tell how many cameras and darkroom items I have been given since..

But another Gandolfi - 3 durst Laborator 138's - loads of smaller cameras (among them 5 Pentax67's with lenses)...

I am a lucky guy!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Most expensive : 5 Barnack Leicas and a Leicaflex for working 9 AM to 1 AM , 7 days a week. Every night I was hitchhiking to my home , 70 kilometers , one night I stuck in snow storm at 2.30 am night at the middle of the road and bread carrying truck rescued me.
    I heard 2 people frozen where I stucked that night.

One night at 1.30 am , I fall in sleep in the bus and bus carried me 100 kilometers away. I was not aware where I was and I started to walking.
    I climbed to the hill and I heard voices and I escaped. But they found me , they were soldiers , they found a car and sent me to the home.

After these experiences , I quit working and I will never work for someone in entire life. I am not working for 13 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most expensive? I Gus's that would be my Canon A-1 kit. Bought it new, back in 81, with several lenses and the motor drive. Still have it, but it has developed the squeak, in the last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The most expensive: my first APUG membership (indirectly).

The best deal: my APUG membership
    Joining APUG has led me to new [used] cameras, equipment, darkroom … and caused a great expenditure of money. Hence joining APUG is the most expensive thing I have done.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Joining APUG has led me to new [used] cameras, equipment, darkroom … and caused a great expenditure of money. Hence joining APUG is the most expensive thing I have done.
    Joining APUG would be #3 on my list.

#2 Getting Married

#1 Raising three boys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    eBlay and APUG suggested WHAT to buy .
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 07-24-2013 at 10:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Two ebay buys. A lot of 3 or 4 8x10 plate holders bought for cheap...turned out to be NOS, as far as I could tell, and the most modern plate holders I have seen. On the other side, a box of quarter plate holders...a bunch of them, again cheap (shipping was several times the bid price), but they fell apart in my hands -- the glue failed on all of them. I still used them, but had to take them totally apart and re-glue them...and time consuming, but easy task. They needed the cleaning, anyway.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin