Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,740   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Both Home Depot and Lowe's sell halogen bulbs that are 100W "equivelent", but are 72W.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-7...1#.UeajI9KTiSo

Not to editorialize, but I use regular 150 tungsten bulbs as the "white" lights in my darkroom. You can't buy 100W, but 150W and 300W are readily available.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use 100w in the darkroom. You can still get 100w bulbs at some places. I just got some last week at a local hardware store. Some off brand but they had a bunch in stock. I looked on Amazon and they still had some in a 48 bulbs package. A lifetime supply. Checkout someplace besides Home Depot and Lowes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Winger, you're pretty sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LED 100W replacements will be quite rare, and very pricey. 60W replacements run about $20 currently. And no matter what type of bulb you buy, get into the habit of comparing lumens, not wattages. With watts no longer being useful for gauging bulb brightness, lumens are the answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I would use two 60Ws, but there's only one socket.
    Yes, I can't buy incandescents in 100W, so looking at the halogens, LEDs, and whatever else they have at Lowes/Home Despot. I just can't tell which ones will turn off quickly and not expose my film if I'm loading holders, etc...
    Don't know if they still make them but at one time they made a Y-shaped converter which had two sockets for bulbs going into a single base.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just checked here where I work: a 100W replacement in LED is 1675 lumens and would cost you about $45 to $50. Of course, it'll also last 25,000 hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Bethe- Would something like this work for you? You can use 2 60 watt bulbs.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055TCY46

Yeah, what he said!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If one uses fluorescent lamps and has issues with phosphorescence after switching off, one might consider a kind of flap that one can swing over the fixture to cover the switched off lamp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Check out 100W "rough service" bulbs on that well known auction site. Same old incandescents, repackaged.
    I used these bulbs a lot when I was doing construction. They really have a more durable filament but put out less light and a more yellow light than the "Same old incandescents". Still should work for most needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin