Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,204   Posts: 1,531,653   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Moving to the British countryside from Gothenburg in Sweden really slowed me down. I've shifted from a vibrant and cultural city to a place where only the seasons change. That has been difficult and I'm still learning to see nature like this.

The arrival of our baby boy means I cannot be out at the best times when the sun is low as he's getting ready for bed.

However, he's very photogenic and Britain is having a rare sunny period so that lessens the slow down.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think a lot of us put a lot of pressure on ourselves to take photos - I know I do.

I went to my fathers farm this week - I took half a dozen rolls of film with me - in the end, I shot 6 frames (it didn't help that the weather was crap). I feel like I should have done more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience is that my photography is cyclical often fallow periods between projects then more intense bursts. Just in a fallow period although I''m still shooting but the two major projects I'm completing at the moment are dependant on travel and accomadation away from home so that slows things down.

And then I'm about to move out of my own house and will have to build a temporary darkroom, that puts a damper on things as well. I like it this way it keeps things fresh.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I am working there is no time to shoot (12 hours shifts, for my sins) but I shoot just about every day when I am not working.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have slowed down a lot in the last year. Mostly due to working more. Also revamping my darkroom. The muggy weather hasn't helped much in the last few weeks either.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Shooting less and being a lot more selective what I shoot. Cost is becoming much more significant and causes me to stop and think every time before I press the button.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    I have slowed, but prefer not to. What slows me down is the lack of photo ops in my local. I need to travel some to shoot.

I'd like to shoot people here, but no one wants pix even for free.

No one does C41 here any longer. So it takes a week to get back the negs. That is another problem. Last year you could get the negs in a few hours or next day at least. So all this slows me down.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. Getting married, combining households, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Like Ian, my photography moves in cycles. I've learned not to beat myself up when I'm not working and look at is as "winter" when all the creativity has gone underground to regenerate and renew itself. "Spring"(new work/time to work).... always comes.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nope, I go every day and always have my gear within reach.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin