Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,083   Online: 1176

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my neck of the U.K the temperature was 93 F yesterday, I avoided going out with my camera in the middle of the day, and when I did go out I just took a Canon F1N body with the 50 mm F1.4 lens, and even this was too heavy to carry for any length of time, (the F1 isn't a lightweight camera) and even wearing cotton shorts and a T shirt it was still too damned hot.

F1
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wow, in Connecticut, USA we have had 100 degree days for about 2 weeks now, and this winter we had a single snowstorm that left 3-4 FEET of snow... That did take us a day or two to dig through, but still...

No wonder you couldn't handle fighting us... *snicker*

I don't like humidity but 86 degrees is almost a perfect temperature, so nice and warm but not too hot (unless you're in a business suit).

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    The main reason Stone Britain lost the war of 1812 was we ignored one of the major principals of warfare to never fight a war on two fronts at the same time, and we were heavily committed to fighting the French Empire in Europe at the same time, without sufficient resources, because we are only a small island.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    A divorce...and a new girlfriend...
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not shooting as much, but shooting with intent and not just burning film. Guess the 4x5 has me thinking more, and picking up my 35mm less. The divorce, being a single dad of a 15 year old daughter, and the new girlfriend haven't hindered me at all.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    LOL! But the point of experience is to learn when to run away and when to run with it!

I'll be in San Clemente for a week starting on about the 26th if you would like to get together and share some prints.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The main reason Stone Britain lost the war of 1812 was we ignored one of the major principals of warfare to never fight a war on two fronts at the same time, and we were heavily committed to fighting the French Empire in Europe at the same time, without sufficient resources, because we are only a small island.
    I'm part British BTW... if you heard my full name you would be like... OH! Haha

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    In my neck of the U.K the temperature was 93 F yesterday, I avoided going out with my camera in the middle of the day, and when I did go out I just took a Canon F1N body with the 50 mm F1.4 lens, and even this was too heavy to carry for any length of time, (the F1 isn't a lightweight camera) and even wearing cotton shorts and a T shirt it was still too damned hot.

F1
    BTW, can't you take the battery attachment off? I have the 1V and used to have the 1N and sold the body and kept the vertical grip battery and thw 1V is just fine without the grip... Though I also don't think the 1V with grip attached is very heavy...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Photography as with sex and wine, the older you get the longer it takes and the better it gets.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs003 View Post
    Photography as with sex and wine, the older you get the longer it takes and the better it gets.
    Not when she says "are you done YET?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=StoneNYC;1526440]BTW, can't you take the battery attachment off? I have the 1V and used to have the 1N and sold the body and kept the vertical grip battery and thw 1V is just fine without the grip... Though I also don't think the 1V with grip attached is very heavy...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

There isn't a seperate bolt on battery attachment in the New F1 Stone https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ca...grc=I7agsU6on8 and I don't have the power winder FN. or motor drive FN. The camera alone is solid metal, and with the F1.4 lens weighs 2 1/2 pounds, which is like swinging a boat anchor round your neck in 93 degree heat .
    Last edited by benjiboy; 07-23-2013 at 01:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin