Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,382   Online: 1129

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Not when she says "are you done YET?"

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or "what did you say your name is ?"
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=benjiboy;1526485]
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    BTW, can't you take the battery attachment off? I have the 1V and used to have the 1N and sold the body and kept the vertical grip battery and thw 1V is just fine without the grip... Though I also don't think the 1V with grip attached is very heavy...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

There isn't a seperate bolt on battery attachment in the New F1 Stone https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ca...grc=I7agsU6on8 and I don't have the power winder FN. or motor drive FN. The camera is solid metal, and with the F1.4 lens weighs 2 1/2 pounds, which is like swinging a boat anchor round your neck in 93 degree heat .
    sorry I read 1N not F1N, my apologies...

That said, the BODY alone of the 1V is 2lbs (945 grams), that's without a lens... I shoot weddings with that and a 70-200 2.8 II for 10 hours straight, so I don't sympathize at all. That's 3.3lbs (1485 grams) for just the lens... 5.3lbs plus flash of 0.90lbs (405 grams) = 6.2 lbs... In 100 degree heat... And that's just ONE camera, I also carry other lenses on me to switch or a second body.

I also use my RZ67 and 180mm lens as a "walk around" sometimes... Haha

Must be my Italian side that's able to handle it

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=StoneNYC;1526505][QUOTE=benjiboy;1526485]

sorry I read 1N not F1N, my apologies...

That said, the BODY alone of the 1V is 2lbs (945 grams), that's without a lens... I shoot weddings with that and a 70-200 2.8 II for 10 hours straight, so I don't sympathize at all. That's 3.3lbs (1485 grams) for just the lens... 5.3lbs plus flash of 0.90lbs (405 grams) = 6.2 lbs... In 100 degree heat... And that's just ONE camera, I also carry other lenses on me to switch or a second body.

I also use my RZ67 and 180mm lens as a "walk around" sometimes... Haha

Must be my Italian side that's able to handle it

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT
    I must be a weakling, Stone , but I am almost in my mid seventys.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I must be a weakling, Stone , but I am almost in my mid seventys.
    You youngin's these days, when I was your age we carried whole darkrooms on our backs in Antarctica just to take one picture a year on a piece of wood hand coated with emulsion from chemistry we mined the year before...

No worries, the important thing is that you shoot when you can and enjoy yourself.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Definitely experiencing a big dip right now. Not taking photos or making prints. I completely lack any kind of inspiration, I'll think of a shot and then go "no, that'll just be boring" and when I look at my negatives to make prints I see only bad work. Instead I spend too much time looking at gear on eBay. All the while I'm trying to find my "style" as a photographer. Feels kind of bad, hopefully I'll get out of it soon enough.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the big hoopla trend that started a few years ago is finally coming back to earth. Hipsters dump their awesome AE-1s, turn to other chick-magnet pursuits, the momentum drops, the glory dims... Anyone remember golf around 2005? Dozens of golf bags in every rush hour subway car? And then came the Rebel and everyone was a "photographer" overnight. Human groups, societies, nations are living organisms--they suffer from overeating just like individuals do. Set the pace right, put your heart in it--and you'll be OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Definitely experiencing a big dip right now. Not taking photos or making prints. I completely lack any kind of inspiration, I'll think of a shot and then go "no, that'll just be boring" and when I look at my negatives to make prints I see only bad work. Instead I spend too much time looking at gear on eBay. All the while I'm trying to find my "style" as a photographer. Feels kind of bad, hopefully I'll get out of it soon enough.
    Last time I went through this, I just went out and photographed anyway. Then I proceeded to print every frame on a roll of film, whether I thought they would turn out or not; I did my very best with each frame.
    Then I shot another roll, of random things, and eventually figured out that I really wanted to do night time photography on tripod, like urban landscapes, and then during the day my passion is to photograph people. Not every single person, but those who I feel connected with.

Eventually things loosen up, and you'll find yourself knee deep in a project again. Keep at it, grab your camera and go shoot. Take those pictures that you think would be boring; the practice will do your photography senses good, and before you know it, the subject matter will come to you.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i have slowed down a little at different times of year i guess
    life sets in, and i don't get a chance to do much ...
    but ... i always see stuff gets me thinking for the next time ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Last time I went through this, I just went out and photographed anyway. Then I proceeded to print every frame on a roll of film, whether I thought they would turn out or not; I did my very best with each frame.
    Then I shot another roll, of random things, and eventually figured out that I really wanted to do night time photography on tripod, like urban landscapes, and then during the day my passion is to photograph people. Not every single person, but those who I feel connected with.

Eventually things loosen up, and you'll find yourself knee deep in a project again. Keep at it, grab your camera and go shoot. Take those pictures that you think would be boring; the practice will do your photography senses good, and before you know it, the subject matter will come to you.
    I do something similar. When I feel like I have photographer's block and nothing I look at seems to be worth photographing, I start shooting everything in sight. I'll also try doing things a bit different. If I have been shooting 35mm for awhile I will go into the closet and pull out one of my old folders and force myself to shoot medium format for awhile. the bigger the better here because I will contact print if possible. This is when I use up a bunch of my expired film and old paper. I am less concerned with the quality and more with the quantity. Something will catch my attention and suddenly I have my Pentax or Leica in my hands again and I am off and running again. I actually take more pictures and print more when I am in the middle of one of these funks because I am less concerned with the actual content.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    why? why not ?
    Yes.

1.) I don't have the money to shoot as much as I did (film is EXPENSIVE here)
    2.) I can't just walk into my local photo place(s) and pick up a bulk roll of film, nor can I order one online and have it at my door in 24 hours anymore
    3.) I can't get C-41 done in 30 ~ 45 minutes anymore
    4.) I no longer have a darkroom

Living in Japan will spoil a film photographer rotten. I wish the rest of the world would catch-up.
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin