Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 850

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

have you slowed down photographically ?

why? why not ?
    Last edited by jnanian; 07-18-2013 at 10:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Heck no! I try to print in the cold months and let the film flow in the summer! Having a ball round here! Messing around here there to keep it fresh too (ie the Ming-Rider-Rodinal-Salt-Stand-paradox-experiment). Keep up the great art John, always a pleasure.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. A lot. Taking a 3-month (winter) break from it, resuming travel and photography in the Spring.
    Then the circus starts again from late spring all the way to autumn in 2014 (vetting, printing, framing...).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gas prices. Live in very rural area--lot of gas between picture possibilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea a bit, the work grind and the heat haven't helped either. Id like to travel a bit, but its pretty hard to find the time and the money for it. The work route, and nearby wanderings have left me in a rut, I'm hoping camping later this summer and a road trip somewhere might give me a good kick to get me going again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It ebbs and flows each day but I wouldn't say I have slowed down. It is a rare day where I haven't shot some film somewhere. But I have noticed this year that I am shooting far more 35mm, and far less medium format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; the photographic possibilities here are virtually boundless. While my shooting ventures do tend to drop off during the rainy season, I do shoot year-round.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    My vision is ever-deepening--I shoot less but have a lot more to show for it. Of course printing costs will increase.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely. Feels like almost every single thing has been done before and is already a cliche. This is probably a known cycle - but I do wonder if imagery overload has something to do with this.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not slowing down. Increasing instead.

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin