Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,419   Online: 1129

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa.
    Okay.
    Wait a minute.
    Gotta get my bearings.
    Now why am I doing this? Holding my thumb out lookin' stupid?
    My wife comes in and says, "What? You think your thumb is so beautiful?".
    Sheesh.
    I close left - no change.
    I close right and have to re-orient.
    So, I guess I'm right eyed. ?

Does this right-eyed bias expose some deep seated psychological trama or what?
    Maybe I ought to shoot left eyed for a few weeks just to get in touch with my opposing bilaterally symmetrical creativity zone.

Now my daughter says, "What's with the thumb-up thing?".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too. My left eye is my bad eye, yet it's the one I shoot with. Never been poked with the film advance lever though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Left-eyed, right handed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right eyed/handed/footed... just to confuse matters... how do you people hold the camera (rf or slr) when shooting portrait? I find it more comfortable with the shutter release at the 'bottom-right' as you look at the back of the camera in portrait orientation. Some say that's a bit cack-handed but I find it awkward reaching 'over the top' with my right hand for the shutter release.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Well, I'm left-handed, definitely right-brained, and right-eyed! It's interesting what you find out in the course of new hobbies. I found out I was right eyed when I did some target shooting with bow & arrow! :o haha...don't worry....I'm relatively harmless.
    Snap !! I use to shoot target rifle for the county and police (purely paper though, plus a few pistols & revolvers for pleasure shooting), not sure I'm harmless though

Some left eyed right handed rifle shooters use to use a angled tube that fitted on the rear sight, not sure if there's anything similar for an SLR user on the market.
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 01-25-2005 at 05:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Tippy Tappy Typos

Shooter
    Large Format
    Left eyed with double vision and right handed. Try this with a split image range finder.
    Can't believe my right eye, it lies to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tried your test. Thumb is not over the distant object no matter which eye I close. Does that make me ambi-opticalous? Or does it show my incrdible ability to muck up simple directions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Tried your test. Thumb is not over the distant object no matter which eye I close. Does that make me ambi-opticalous? Or does it show my incrdible ability to muck up simple directions?
    Maybe you chose the wrong distant object, it's supposed to be one that is stood still

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Definitely left-eyed here. I recently bought a 2nd hand Ricoh and the advance lever has two positions for focussing which is much better. Maybe the big dent in my forehead will start to fill in now.

P.S. I just read this quote from the post above.
    ""Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" ... Henri Cartier-Bresson"
    What a relief. I was beginning to give up hope of ever taking a reasonable photo. Probably only a few hundred more to go. Sigh!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, this is weird, I have to reorient when I close either eye. And I can make it work for either eye depending on what thumb I hold up. If I use my right thumb I'm right eyed, but if I hold up my left thumb then I'm left eyed. (or maybe I'm doing it wrong).

I just went back to the how to do this post, and when I hold my thumb out and focus on my thumb, I see two background objects, when I focus on the background object I see two thumbs. So I just have to pick one. Maybe I'm still doing it wrong, or maybe neither one is dominant. I don't know.
    Scott Stadler

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin