Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,093   Online: 910

Thread: Bogen 3055 Head

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bogen 3055 Head

Hi all,

I have a Bogen 3055 head that, with this product now available (http://www.manfrotto.com/product/0/M...ete_with_plate) I'd really like to swap out the big hex plate for the Arca system.

From the looks of the 3055, I should be able to remove the central screw (allen head) that's on-axis, directly below the center of where the hex plate sits and take the QR mechanism off of the top of the ball, but on mine, I can't get the screw to budge. Am I evaluating the head correctly? I don't want to force it and damage the head.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simply takes sufficient force to break the threads loose on the securing screw. I don't know the technique to break it loose (hammer, heat, both) but I do recall folks posting how to remove the standard release to substitute an Arca type QR system.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks!

I'm not unskilled in the ways of...mechanical persuasion, but I didn't want to force the issue only to hear the snap-crackle-pop of "now you've done it".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Found this old post. It is not specific to te 3055 head, but the same technicque could apply

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...72&postcount=5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    RRS web site comments:

"Some Bogen/Manfrotto ballheads can be modified in a similar manner, but the tapped female socket in the stem is metric 6-1.0. Buy our B2 AS II clamp and fix to the head using a M6-1.0 flat-top metric machine screw. Use LocTite type 242 (blue fluid, medium strength) to keep clamp from twisting."

RRS lists 'kits' for a number of Manfrotto heads (4x series), but does not list one for 3055...so maybe it is not possible to convert.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin